F.E.A.R suprise!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocer 939

In Runtime
I bought fear 2 days ago and my new parts are coming tommoro 6800 gt new mobo etc. (the works)

but i attempted to see if fear could be run on my 5500 pci (overclocked of course) i started the game up 6 fps ugh ouch lol then i went into settings forced the dx8 shaders and knocked down some graphic options and upped other graphic options in other areas.

did a quick test and i get 21 fps minimum 19% 42 max 12% 21-42 69%
everything looks rounded no blocked edges faces are clearly visible
not to shabby id say for a pci card

card is oced to
270/400 stock
325/470 oced

i didnt mean the 6800gt part as being the bomb i meant the works as a complete overhall of my system

since im poor its not the greatest

gpu: 6800gt
mobo/cpu: skt 939 micro atx/athlon 64 3200+
case: aspire x qpack
ram: 1 gig pc 3200 ocz

its 20x better than my old system which is

gpu: 5500
mobo/cpu: skt 478 p.o.s. atx/celeron d 2.53
case: 40 pound crap bucket
ram: 1 gig pc 2700 (generic crap)

^im pretty sure if you bought a new case and took a huge dump in it its 3dmark01 score would own this^

F.E.A.R. is useless w/o the crazy graphics. so IMO, not worth even playn if u r turning graphix down like using DX8 and stuff...cuz the game play is not really good..or say just mediocre. AI is not as good as everyone talks. its better to play something that has more focused in game play.
just to let u know i have 7800GTX512 and 1024x768 still lags compared to any other games.

^^ Uh then your 7800gtx 512 is a piece of crap, cause my 1800xl plays F.E.A.R at max settings and i have never lagged other then 2 scenes of the game where it studdered. And i know that 7800 512 is a much better card.

boomstick666 said:
F.E.A.R. is useless w/o the crazy graphics. so IMO, not worth even playn if u r turning graphix down like using DX8 and stuff...cuz the game play is not really good..or say just mediocre. AI is not as good as everyone talks. its better to play something that has more focused in game play.
just to let u know i have 7800GTX512 and 1024x768 still lags compared to any other games.

F.E.A.R. is not really a game at all, its a horribly unoptimized graphics demo. Like he said, today's best cards see framerate problems at "low" resolutions like 1024x768. I play it at medium settings 1280x1024 on my 7800GT. Medium still looks pretty good but if you go much below that, its not worth playing.

boomstick666 said:

I have to disagree. FEAR is a very fun and enjoyable game. The bullettime is a really neat addition and the melee combat is really fun and easy to use. I really liked the story of FEAR and how there was a really nasty family tree at Armacham. Yes, the FEAR engine is awful as far as performance goes, but all you need to do is turn down some of the settings and your ok. You know, you don't ALWAYS have to have the settings maxed out to enjoy a game.

beedubaya said:
F.E.A.R. is not really a game at all, its a horribly unoptimized graphics demo. Like he said, today's best cards see framerate problems at "low" resolutions like 1024x768. I play it at medium settings 1280x1024 on my 7800GT. Medium still looks pretty good but if you go much below that, its not worth playing.

Bee, What ever happened to playing games for the gameplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom