F.E.A.R. singleplayer demo and System Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow. Just played this Demo last night. I'm very impressed as many of you are. Auto-Config set my video all on maximum and the i played the demo to the end. No issues. Then I tweaked all of the settings to max everything. With Soft Shadows. Still no issues and it ran really really smooth. It's hard to believe that PC games keep getting better looking.

Just to let all you anti-ATI folks know... The X800XTPE plays this game maxed out WITH SOFT SHADOWS ON and still shines. AND NO PIXEL SHADER 3!!!! hahahahahah....

I need to get a copy of fraps to check my FPS. Anyone?

The X850 XT and the X800 XTPE are roughly equal, so we'll c how well my card does when i get a chance to use it. Im on vacation, still 1 1/2 weeks away from getting back to my comp. Im typing this on a dell with integrated gfx *crosses self*

dhw200 said:
The X850 XT and the X800 XTPE are roughly equal, so we'll c how well my card does when i get a chance to use it. Im on vacation, still 1 1/2 weeks away from getting back to my comp. Im typing this on a dell with integrated gfx *crosses self*

You'll be impressed on how well it will do. Trust me.

Dell with integrated gfx... whoa! poking an eye out would give you more satisfaction... lol

HAVOC2k5 said:
Dell with integrated gfx... whoa! poking an eye out would give you more satisfaction... lol

Hey, im at my grandmother's house, its her comp. Im about 800 miles south of my computer right now. Its (by it i mean hers) got a p4 2.8ghz, 256MB of RAM, integrated gfx, cost about 1200 (special offer in NY Times), and came with a 15 inch LCD. At least thats nice. And to top it all off, its got Adelphia. I heard Adelphia sucked, but after coming from my comp (cablevision), i learned just how much it sucked.

As for FEAR performance, im in FEAR of the idea that ill go crazy before i can try it out. Hearing everybody talk about it, its driving me crazy! Ill take your word that it runs well though

Well, I finally tried FEAR. I am blown away. In terms of how scary it is, it makes Doom 3 look like Playboy Mansion. The AI blew me away. I tossed a grenade into a control room, and one of the soldiers yelld "shit!" and dove through the window. That was the killer moment for me.

Now...performance. I told it to set the video card performance to high, and it ran flawlessly. Looked great too. I then set it to maximum. Looked better, but then I was getting some choppiness in fire fights.

My opinion? Its the RAM. Ive got 2 gigs, and without that, i would dead in the water for that game.

EDIT: Im using a Radeon X850 XT with the Omega drivers based off of the Catalyst 5.7s

The X850 XT is clocked quite a bit faster than the X800 XL. Also, i think my 2 gigabytes of RAM was the determining factor

I've got a friend whos an ATI fanboy and he has an X800XL....now when he first got it and was talking to me about it...he was saying "Yeah it's barely under the 6800GT in performance but is way cheaper" And I acknowledged that...next thing I know he's saying "Yeah it's right on par with the 6800GT and it's cheaper" and I'd say...yeah it's pretty close, but the 6800GT nudges it out in some places....THEN just last week he's saying "Yeah the X800XL out performs the 6800GT"....I'm like wtf...the hell it does "nah it has it on Xtremesystems, it outperforms it"

1. BS that it outperforms it as we've discussed this before.
2. All futuremark products are biased towards ATI to begin with...and in most cases they use the latest ATI drivers and use old nvidia drivers to skew the benches.

Then he goes on about how SM3.0 that nvidia uses is going to be tossed away, and ATI is using a different SM3.0 blah blah blah, bunch of ATI Fanboy jargon I tell ya! Every other component we generally agree about though....just not graphic cards :p

His card can't stand a chance against mine once I start to even barely OC it as well

Sorry this has no meaning in this thread but I saw the X800XL being mentioned and had to let that out :p

i dont know why u complain about it being graphically taxing in a sense thats what we want isnt it? crystal clear, unbeleavable realism come on. i can play it at 1200x700 and medium settings looks great but slows down when there are a ton of explosions but other than that crystal clear fine and dandy. this is good that its being hard on our systems guyz. and for alll u guyz who blew way to much money on the x800 sorry for u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom