F.e.a.r Questions. Urgent!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this game even taxes Nvidia's latest and greatest 7800GTX
Theres been one person in here, DoomUK I believe that said it didn't run well on his system...but it was something else beyond the fact that it was a powerful game...something, (probably drivers) was going screwy with his system....beyond that, this IS a demo people, so it's going to be buggy...But I'd like to know exactly where else you've heard that it's insanely taxing for the 7800 besides DoomUK.

7xxx series should be able to play it atleast 2xAA, 4xAF, maxed out details and probably soft shadows enabled while still retaining a smooth framerate...but at this point it's hard to judge being like I said the game is only a demo and demo's are always buggy. If I can run it on my system which is less powerful than DoomUKs with the above mentioned specs (minus running soft shadows) then his should be able to do it no problems.

Of course a big kicker is that this game is a RAM munching monster in addition to just beating the hell out of your video card.

It's good games are looking really fantastic, but hell I can't upgrade with $1000+ in parts every 6 months because a better game comes along =/

That's where consoles are nice

PSM 3.0 or not, im not changing my PC for about 3 years at least. At least its socket 939 and PCIE, so its upgradeable.

Im still dying to try out the FEAR demo. Should be able to on sunday. Im on vacation, im on my grandmother's computer, which is a dell with P4 2.8ghz, 256 MB of RAM, and integrated gfx. It'll be interesting to see how well FEAR performs on an X850 XT

Allright guys theres a thread about the F.E.A.R demo running on those high end graphic cards. Think you guys could help me out with MY problem?

Allright guys theres a thread about the F.E.A.R demo running on those high end graphic cards. Think you guys could help me out with MY problem?
Ehh I believe multiple people have already addressed YOUR problem...what else is there to tell you besides "Go through the damn options, start changing em until you find settings that work smooth for your machine"

we've already told you you're lacking in RAM, and your graphics card isn't powerful for this game.

No, not all my problems. And this topic isn't like the other general topic where you can talk about everything in general. Im asking for suggestions on resolution, AA, AF, HZ, etc. since this is my first time ever changing those options. I asked if the options I specified were correct(800x600, No AA, No AF, 60hz) I also talked about my monitor flicking and asked if it was normal. If you'd bother to read the whole topic instead of go on about your perfect F.E.A.R scores,you'd know that. kthx

Any suggestions are appreciated guys! Thanks

Well, I have no idea how to FIND my fps ingame in the first place. See, I did state many problems but you guys kinda sidetracked.

Allright, also I just played at 800x600 both graphics and computer at low and still lagged. What the hell...
Is that even normal?! I wish I could tell you guys my fps, but I dont know how to find out in game. Could monitor hz be affecting anything?

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Abit KV8 Pro Via-K8T800 MotherBoard
ATI Radeon 9800 PRO 128mb Video Card
512 mb Kingston DDR-400 PC3200 RAM
Maxtor 160 GB 7200 RPM 8MB S-ATA Hard Drive
Orion 420Watt PowerSupply
2 8x8 Case Sleeve Fans
Sony 16x DVD-Drive
NEX 8x +/- DVD-RW Drive
1.44MB Floppy Drive
Tempature/Thermal Meter
6 In 1 Card Reader
1 Blue Cold-Cathode Neon Light
Monitor/Display: NEC 17" TFT LCD Monitor. Additional Monitor Info: Contrast Ratio= 400:1, Resolution= SXGA 1280x1024 Max, Currently at 60Hz(MAX of 75Hz), Response Time=16 ms, Dot Pitch= .264 mm, Color Depth= 24-bit (16.7M Colors), Input Connector= 15-pin D-sub

okay im glad i found this topic before i do what i was about to....I have a Hewlshit Packard lol,.. this is what im running right now:

3200+
AMD 64 anthlon
1gb pc3200 ddr sdram
2.2 ghz
200 Ultra DMA GB HD
(and it says) Integrated SIS Mirage2 Graphics w/ 128mb shared video memory

i wanna upgrade my video card to be able to handle this game, my comp tech. guy told me to get a AGP graphics card so if i have any trouble with my comp i can easily take it out and HP wouldnt know therefore not voiding my contract w/ HP...If i do upgrade to a better AGP card, which is a good cheap one to get and/or will i need anything else or would that be it?

i appriciate the help guys.

6600GT at the very least to run the game ($160 or so)

6800GT would run it better, for about $150 more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom