F.E.A.R - Now Available!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
lol dude that card will die on the spot
Great.... i wounder if I am going to get my sister and her BF asking me for a early christmas present next week.

Ok. hold up... I just found something that I believe was giving me terrible performance after installing this game.

DirectX 9.0c (August Build) installs with this game. Even though it was already installed on my system from the DEMO and other new games, it was installed again. There was no prompt for restart, which is always smart and normally needed to take effect.

After I rebooted windows and started up my last checkpoint... the performance was a lot better. So I cranked the settings up again and now it's playing a lot nicer. Lowest FRAPS i got was 25FPS during heavy gun battles. Highest was 85FPS... Average was 50-55 FPS.

Everything is all good now.

Oh this game is sweet...

My copy should be in the mail tomorow morning :D Q4 should be here by the weekend...

Good thing I've booked 2 weeks off work ;)

Dangit!!! I just bought the game on my lunch break and now i have to wait three more hours to play. Thanks for the heads up HAVOC2k5 I have a similar system to you and was worried when you said the full version played different than the demo since i can play the demo maxed out. I'll make sure to reboot my 'puter after installing to let the system rebuild the DX9 files.

System Requirements:

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIRED
Windows XP, x64 or 2000 with latest service pack installed, DirectX 9.0c (August Edition) or higher, Pentium 4 1.7 GHz or equivalent processor, 512 MB of RAM or more, 64 MB GeForce 4 Ti or Radeon 9000 video card, Monitor that can display in 4:3 aspect ratio, 5.0 GB free Hard Drive Space for installation, Additional hard drive space for a swap file and saved game files. DVD-ROM drive, 16-bit DirectX 9.0 compliant sound card with support for EAX 2.0, Broadband or LAN connection for multiplayer games. Mouse, Keyboard

RECOMMENDED HARDWARE
Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or equivalent processor, 1 GB RAM, A 256 MB Radeon 9800 Pro or GeForce 6600 or equivalent supported DirectX 9 compliant video card with hardware T&L and pixel shader 2.0 support, Sound Blaster X-Fi series sound card.

the demo installed DX9.0c April not august.

Only reason I know that is cause I just installed the demo like 2 days ago while I wait for the full version....I'll be playing the full version later today :D Like most of you I gotta wait until I get things around here finished before I can go to play time :(

HAVOC2k5 said:
DirectX 9.0c (August Build) installs with this game. Even though it was already installed on my system from the DEMO and other new games, it was installed again. There was no prompt for restart, which is always smart and normally needed to take effect.

After I rebooted windows and started up my last checkpoint... the performance was a lot better. So I cranked the settings up again and now it's playing a lot nicer. Lowest FRAPS i got was 25FPS during heavy gun battles. Highest was 85FPS... Average was 50-55 FPS.
Might try that...

I installed fear and played it briefly this afternoon...then installed the patch about an hour ago and noticed an increase in framerate, specifically when there is a lot going on in the screen...I didn't notice any grenades bouncing off windows though

The gameplay thusfar has been amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom