F.E.A.R - Now Available!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's mainly those particles and soft shadows that really kill your performance...and for whatever reason (in the demo anyway...I'll have to see if it's the same in the full version tomorrow) that part right before you go down the dark hall and those blinds close real quick to try and scare you, and the rats run down there and down the hell you see the girl run across your vision...well RIGHT before you actually walk into that hall, where theres the railing and light...it slows down quite a bit...can't figure that one out considering it's a lot of dark areas....the railing or something and that light just slows it all down.

It's a taxing game and all, but I don't really think it's a horrible engine

HAVOC2k5 said:
I just got my Pre-Ordered copy of F.E.A.R. Came with some bonus.
Now i've got to wait about 8 hours to play it when I get home from work. So if anyone else got it today and has played it, let me know what i'm in for when I get home.

Thanks.
I know the feeling.

I got my copy yesterday. However I have delayied last night from playing it as my parents where going out.
And I might be denied again as I my SWG Guild is doing some thing tonight.

FEAR apparently has not been optimized very well which is why without high scale market hardware the game runs so poorly

http://www.tweakguides.com/

I'll probably have the game in the next few days or so...apparently the patch improves performance from the demo slightly so I gotta update the game and try it out again

pretty sure he's talking about Star Wars Galaxy, guild = group of star wars galaxy fanatics who form a 'clan' together to play the game and beat the harder bosses, help each other out, etc..etc..

Holy mother F'er...

I just got home installed FEAR... Configured all settings to High - just like what I used in the DEMO... uh..... The DEMO was nothing compared to the FULL version.

I've had to lower all settings... I've got P4 3.4Ghz, 2 GIG of OCZ platinum, X-FI... X800XTPE 580/600...

It freakin' brought my system to it's knees and screamed, "Yo... what the hell are you trying to do to us?"...

DAMN IT!!! Now i'm going to have to step up my next build sooner then I expected. If FEAR is killing my system then UNREAL2007 is going to kill me.

I don't know what this GAME needs at highest settings but it's certainly not what I have. I don't have any problems with any other game right now at high settings... this one is killing mine.

Oh, yeah and by the way... Forget the scare factor of doom 3... this game is FREAKY!!!!

Slo-Mo bullet time is awesome... I've gotta go reboot my PC so I can continue where I saved my last game.... Good luck all of you 6600GT - 6800GT - X800PRO ETC....

This game has FX-57 & SLI or CROSSFIRE written all over it...

What it needs is an Nvidia card. It doesn't like ATI cards for some reason. Secondly, this isn't a very efficient engine. Quake 4 looks tons better than FEAR and yet runs tons better. The Source engine can do everything that you see in FEAR, and yet it runs tons better and is compatable with a variety of different hardware platforms. Hopefully they are designing the UT2007 engine for more than just selling Nvidia cards, and it will be efficient on a variety of platforms.

Nubius said:
my brother got FEAR.....he's got a 2600+ XP, 512mb of, hell I don't even know if it's PC3200 or not, but it really doesn't matter with his CPU running 333FSB, and an FX5500 256mb....needless to say his efforts to play the game were futile...oh it played it......but of course at rock bottom graphical settings.

Said it almost felt like being 10 years in the past when games were practically blocks
My sister's BF was bugging me about FEAR last night. I am not sure if his video card, GF FX5200 128Mb is going to cut it.

Currently, I am thinking about starting to overclocking my video card. However I am just going to wait until my Hardcano 12 comes back from RMA first as I would like to monitor my GPU temps.

Nubius said:
oh screw SWG man this is a new GOOD game we're talking about :D
But it my GUILD! And I bugging them about this mission for the last week or so.
http://www.starwarsgalaxies.com.au/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=12308#

It only know that I got my guild's attension (the last 2 weeks have been rough on our guild) and we are going in tonight.

Win2kpatcher said:
what means SWG Guild?

STAR WARS GALAXIES. The greatest MMOLRPG....... if only SOE pull there fingure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom