F.E.A.R (Latest Patch Screwed everything up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Ok. My brother came over tonight and he wanted to play FEAR. I haven't played it in awhile and when we fired it up the, "Do you want to get the latest version message?" popped up. So i accepted. Downloaded and installed.

When we went to start up the game we got some message, "Security module couldn't be initiated. Application can not be executed."

I had to uninstall FEAR and reinstall it. After installation, it seemed to work fine. But when we started the game, none of the characters voices can be heard. I checked absolutely everything.
There isn't anything out of place. So i figured may-be it was a corrupt installation and may-be the voice packs weren't installed.

uninstalled it and reinstalled it again...NOPE. same thing... I've reconfigured everything.

Also, all other games I have installed work perfectly fine.

I've search the web looking for hits ont he same issue and everything i'm finding lists a few programs that are an issue with FEAR. I don't have any of the programs that are listed or have them installed.

Any freakin' ideas?

Did you make sure when you uninstalled it that the patch uninstalled aswell. Sometimes when I uninstall game and I've patched them the actual patch stays on my hardrive and I have to manually delete it. It wouldn't actually patch your game when you re-installed it, but it could be conflicting with the FEAR. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom