F.E.A.R. FPS Probs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

croSSeduP

In Runtime
I just bought a FEAR bundle from Direct2Drive. For some reason I'm having SEVERE FPS problems, and my computer should kick these games' collective arses. Example: I can play Crysis on high (not maxed) settings, and I can play Far Cry 2 on all max and the computer will run satisfactorily. I cannot get anything above 20 FPS playing FEAR, even if I have all the settings on the lowest, and the game at those settings looks like a 3D version of some SNES game! Somethin' ain right. Any ideas? FYI, I'm not at my gaming computer now, but it is a triple core AMD and it has two SLI'd mid-high end graphics cards. The model of the cards escapes me right now, but it is a solid set-up, not great, but - as stated earlier - should play any of the FEAR games without hardly breathing hard. Any help would be appreciated.

TG

have you updated it to latest patch?

Mmm... No. Didn't know there were patches for this. Will do that, however, I found the answer I was looking for on another forum: This computer is a W7 machine and there are some other stuff you need to do to get games like this to run on W7 (BTW, I hate W7 and Vista. WhyTF did Microsoft fuss with the file system from XP? Grrrrr....). Go into Device Manager, Human Interface Devices, and disable EVERYTHING you don't need to run your computer, such as mouse and keyboard. Now, the game runs like it should. With all the settings maxed the thing never drops below about 40 fps. Perfect.

Just as a side note, the GPU's I'm running are two CrossFireX'd HD3870's.

Peace.
TG

I just downloaded the latest patch for FEAR 1.08 and when I try to run it it says "FEAR not currently installed. Aborting application." After it downloaded onto to my downloads folder, I tried running it from there. No luck. I tried moving it to the folder that FEAR was installed to and tried to run it from there. Again, no luck. Help?

TG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom