robina_80 said:
single player and my specs are
amd athlon xp 2000+
windows xp + sp2
1.25 ram
40 h/d
64 mb g/c
24bit sound

I don't think FEAR likes your PC, it's not something that can exactly run fear.

You get that website once the game quit's, so I am guessing it fails to render the first screen, and send's a quit instruction.

Even people with 3500+'s and 256 6800GT's have problems running this game, no 64 meg card will play this game*

No chance of playing with that dinousaur PC i'm afraid matey, sorry but its really just not upto most modern games :(

fear demands a fast and stable pc, though i have managed to get it at 1024 x 768 , max detail, no soft shadow, 2X AA, and 16X AF. Runs awesome.

eh.

sorry, but that computer is ancient (no offense)

you're gonna need a new computer to do the trick, with your specs you can only play games like starcraft, warcraftIII, counter strike 1.6, etc.

Games these days are getting rediculous in the amount of horsepower they require. Today's hardware can't keep up with the rate these games are getting ever more demanding graphically. And yes, his computer is much older than most of ours here, but I wouldn't really consider it a "dinosaur." I mean these games are flat out rediculous....even store bought PCs these days can't play them. Only the few who take it upon themselves to build their own PC can actually take a part in today's PC gaming. Not that its a bad thing, better graphics are a necessity. However, you can spend $5000 on a gaming system today, only to play games on lowest settings (if they run at all) a year from now. John Carmack of id Software predicts that by the end of this decade, we will have lifelike gaming, in which the environments will be indistinguishable from real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom