F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Single Player Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for anyone else who has played this demo. When I first tried to launch it through Steam a message came up saying that my video card was not officially supported or something. I ignored it and relaunched the game and it worked. Then, I maxed out the settings and resolution to 1440x900 and during the game I encountered many places where all of the sudden it would slow way down for a few seconds. This happened many times, and my entire setup is way above their minimum and even recommended settings. Any help? Is it just the demo? I play CS: Source and Red Alert 3 at max settings with never a stutter.

Oh and here is a screenshot from my "Mech" run in the demo :D
fear2.jpg

It could be something to do with physx. That's all I can guess.

HAHAHAHAHA...this demo makes me laugh. I really liked it. Great stuff.
But it took my a second play through to understand that the ghosts were actually causing me damage.
Oww, and your eyes...this game cannot be good for them.
Your flashlight! What's the point of even having it if it just acts like a dynamic horror light-effect?!?!?! Barely lights up anything.

But over all, I really liked it. Alma really looks weird...body-shapewise. I mean, I'm glad they didn't model her to be all sexyish, but gosh...she doesn't even resemble humanity, and i miss her being a little girl...why is she older all of the sudden? I don't remember anything from FEAR1 making her remain grown-up.

Nope, but I doubt its your computer. The demo's kinda gimp.
Remember when that guy gets thrown against the wall in the school? The first play though he actually went through the wall completely. Second time though the script seemed to work....:freak:

It could be your video drivers...but if you're not experiencing this problem with other games I'd blame the demo.

I had a stutter problem. At first it was just frame rate drops and I thought it might be my cpu maxing out. The game doesn't seem to utilize 2 cores much so one would hit 100% but the slowdown lasted to long for it to be that.

See what I am wondering is if the demo just isn't optimized for ATI cards, as I use the HD 4830, dario uses 4870, etc. Like I said when I first tried launching it, a message said my video card was not supported or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom