F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Single Player Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Ethan, you had not stutters? I was beginning to think it was mostly ATI hardware, but Veedub had stutters on his, and you seemed to have no stutters.

Nope, I got no stutters. The rare lag spikes I had were because I had a virus scan and a few other programs open. It ran very smoothly for me on my 4670, max settings with full AA on 1280 x 1024.

Well that does it... I don't know why it played with stutters on my machine. Like others said, I tried it on different settings, and on different playthroughs. It always stuttered at the same spots.

only got a single stutter when i entered new areas, like entering a building. apart from that split second stutter as it loaded into ram.. smooth.

Scared me, though :p.. couldn't complete it. im one of them people that no matter how much you convince them it's not real they still crap themselves :D Although it wasn't a matter of jumping out my seat, the constant feeling of being creeped out i didnt like lol.

It gave me a few momentary freezes as well, during the latter half of the demo. Besides that the game ran fan-freaking tastic maxed out 1920 with max aa and af. As far as the freezes, or stutter or whatever you want to call the momentary pauses IMO it's just driver issues, it being a demo and all. Hopefully things shape up with the full release. Which im buying for darn sure lol. That demo was great.

I did notice it had a bit more action than the previous F.E.A.R. games, but I liked it. It's also a very short part of the game so there are bound to be longer creep out sessions anyway.

Another thing this one did a bit better was the transition between action and horror. It was blatantly obvious when you were going into scare-mode in F.E.A.R. ( still creepy as heck even when you kew it was coming lol ) but it was blended a bit better this time around. It creeped me out pretty good. XD One part to note was when you're walking up the train... and BAM! shadow on the wall in front of you and the creepy broad behind you XD That whole ghost section was rough too :S
Good times. This'll be a great game. my nerves are going to take a solid beating. Gonna be even worse now that I quit smoking haha.

Another thing I thought was handy, was being able to flip over so much crap for cover when it hits the fan. I thought that was pretty darn neat XD

Well on the FEAR community forums they said that the game was being released with a patch on disk that supposedly helps stuttering and that there will be another one shortly. Seems like a LOT of people with really high end systems had stutters out the ***.

maybe I should just grab the disc instead of waiting for steam to release it then.
Unless it releases the game and patch simultaniously as well.

It should auto install the patch, all they would need is to have the installer at the end start the patch install, that or it is already integrated into the game.

BTW, the Steam version has NO blood or gore, there is a file that you can copy from the demo install directory into the full version directory to get the blood and gore though.

Well on the FEAR community forums they said that the game was being released with a patch on disk that supposedly helps stuttering and that there will be another one shortly. Seems like a LOT of people with really high end systems had stutters out the ***.

its just a fault in the engine, it isnt a huge stutter, it only happens everyone once inwhile , and it is for less then a second, alot of people are blwoing it out of proportion. i got a tasty 60fps all maxed with a single 8800gts 512mb. the stutter is an engine issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom