expensive pc gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent almost all my money on my 8800GTX, about 2 paycheck (I get paid every 2 weeks) from my part-time job, that's about a month of working, and hopefully I can get it up and running by tonight. My mom bought my new RAM for my birthday though.

I just wanted to spoil myself, I still enjoy gaming on my 7600GT, graphics aren't everything. 8800 GTS 320MB is probably the best deal in video cards.

People don't realize that you don't need to spend over $2000 to get a computer that can play new games. A $1200 budget can easily get you a very fast computer.

2-3k? What a joke. My next rig is looking to run me around $1500 including a new monitor and it will rip through most anything on the market.

i know... the forum was debating that the ps3 won the "graphics war" and someone brought up the PC. some guy then said something along the lines of :"no one will ever be able to play at those graphics without spending 2k-3k on a new rig".

i cant find the link. :(

to invisible- what kind of drums do you have? i play tama. i cant get a job...all the places i applied to didn't call back, and the only place where i can cut grass is my neighbor and he is cheap. he only gives aroud $30 and trust me, his yard is huge.

i hate it when people spend 2000-3000 bucks on a pc
the only thing my parents bought for me was my 8800GTS and that was my Xmas gift
i cant think of someone who built a rig around the same time as me (last august) that spent 2 or 3 times as much as me, whos rig will last much longer then mine??
if i find out any of you have dual 88ULTRAS that you didnt get for free ill slap you silly lol

lol most of these are the "little white suburbain rich spoilt kids of america" from what i see, worst part is i see these kids not apprecciating this stuff, like vids on youtube by teens on the lines of "my nano in the microwave" "smash my really expensive gadgjet that some chinese person had ot make in a hot sweaty factory for a wage that youd laugh at"
as for the PC price, my rig i built with overclocking in mind which saved me a bunch to be honest,if i had the money to buy a 8800GTS i would i wouldnt lie but computers are my passion n hobbie but as i cant i can easily buy a cheaper card and tweak it for almost the same performance or similar (like my x1950 pro).

If I was their rich parent, I wouldn't give them any of that sort of "want". If they want it, than they are going to work for it, like I did.

The types that annoy me are the ones that insist that you must be able to play every game on maxed out settings.

Like come one, some people here have to pay to put food on the table and a roof over their head.

Like I still get hassled about still being on APG bus. However considering that I have not really been playing as many games as i used to, i see no point in upgrading over to PCI Express any time soon. My APG GF7800GS 256Mb OC Edition does me fine.

The first PC I built was an Athlon XP 2200+ that I built with money I'd saved for like 4 years. I was like 12. Bought most of the parts at Fry's and spent 2 weeks wondering why it didn't work, till, voila, I got it!

Loved pc hardware ever since.

Of course, when the CPU, HD, and MB all went out within a month of each other...I just built my pentium 4 for ~$350. My mom bought me the barebone, came with the cpu/mb/case/psu, also bought me the monitor. I bought my HDs, my video card, my 2gbs of ram, my wintv card. My brother bought me the DVD burner for my birthday.

If I have kids, I'll prolly do something like buy the "essentials" for a pc and let them buy any extras they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom