expensive pc gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ollithemagicbum

In Runtime
this is kind of irrelevant, but i read game forums, and everyone is saying that you need a $2000-$3000 rig just to play dx10 games like crysis. people can play crysis, if they look carefully, and only spend less than a thousand dollars.

those people just annoy the crap out of me. do they annoy you?

Most definitely. Same with those one here flipping out because they may not be able to play EVERY game on the HIGHEST settings... I mean, get a life.

yep definately. i wanted to bash people over the head who told me to get an 8800GTX card when i aasked advice on an upgrade. man that really made me mad. mostly these people are kids who THRIVE on handouts from their parents and are spoilt little brats who's best advice is "buy the most expensive stuff" just because its overpriced. i think people should stfu about their rig and not give out advice unless they worked for the money to buy their computer. at least then they can learn the value of money.

That's why my advice is very seldom for the "biggest and bestest". I am one of those parents who pay for this stuff, and I can't afford it for myself, much less a kid who would not appreciate it.

Why spend a boatload on something that will be the norm in six months, and only has a minute advantage over what is already out and has dropped in price?

Trotter said:
Why spend a boatload on something that will be the norm in six months, and only has a minute advantage over what is already out and has dropped in price?

...because they're rich and ignorant...

I have bought both of my computers that I have built, with really no help (Save maybe something small, like a Sound Card).

I really worked hard to save my money, and to see it go to something that I built, with my money, is pretty satisfying. Until younger kids start to realize the true value of money, they will never learn to spend it wisely. It's pretty sad, actually!

People worry way to much about playing games at the highest settings.

If you can play at 1024 x 768 on a 17 inch monitor....you WILL ENJOY pc gaming very much.

Heck, do you know how many old pc games that are classics and have hundreds of hours of gameplay that are out there? Too many to count.

Most people seem to be turning into graphic whores....that my friend will just cost you lots of money and upgrades......look at the big picture....spend $1000 and you will have a great machine....tons of games to play, with great GAMEPLAY and graphics which are pretty good.

The great thing about the older games that i like is....I usually play them like a year later than most, by then the patches are out , so I get the best gaming experience my first time thru, less bugs if you will. The games are way cheaper....some of the older games , the true classics are much more deeper and complex then the new games...that for the most part are justpretty,but dumbed down..... also the older games, some can be set to everything on high,game settings, resolution, and look just awsome with great frame rates.this is just my opinion....as I too enjoy the new games.

PS....there is nothing wrong with being a graphics whore....you will just miss some really good gaming experiences, and moments....but you will be seeing alot of great eye-candy....if that is what you prefer.

2-3k? What a joke. My next rig is looking to run me around $1500 including a new monitor and it will rip through most anything on the market.

I have bought both of my computers that I have built, with really no help (Save maybe something small, like a Sound Card).

I really worked hard to save my money, and to see it go to something that I built, with my money, is pretty satisfying. Until younger kids start to realize the true value of money, they will never learn to spend it wisely. It's pretty sad, actually!

good on you. youll never respect your stuff half as much unless you work for it. i learnt this from my parents, who refused to ever buy anything for me big. i had to buy my own gameboy, my own guitar, my own computer. of course not stuff like my bed and food, but expensive stuff. i never got anything worth over £100 at christmas or on my birthday.

i can honestly say my rig is worth £500 and it could absolutely school an alienware anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom