expensive pc gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah its not so hard to find a good paying job these days, im going to uni and working at 3 places which gets me 365usd a week, so just a couple of weeks of work = new gpu.

kids should get off their butts and start working!

and of coarse we cant generalise though, some people do actually work hard for their systems and are graphic whores, they are simply making suggestions to you, cant be mad at them unless they make comparison with what youve got. the most successful people are not those who know how to spend but also know how to earn their fortune.

they annoy me, but who cares about them, they wont have the best system for long, with new stuff coming out, with 9 series which beats 2 gtxs in SLi, and new Yorkfields and we'll only hae spent 1000-1400ish on our build and we can laugh at their faces

i also hate ppl who lie about their systems, don't false-witness ur system... this especially goes to khan008 who claimed to have the following, actually i forgot his specs, let me get back to u

CPU:Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition QX6800 <- thats where i stopped believing him.... that chip is OEM, a nobody like him can't have it, u have to have like major hookups to get that, or buy a prebuilt one
Mobo:Asus Striker Extreme
Ram:Corsair 4GB DDR2 Dominator (4 x 1GB)
GPU:2xEVGA GeForce 8800 GTX WaterCooled Sli
HDD:2x Seagate Barracuda 750GB + LaCie 2TB Raid Array External HDD
Optical:LiteOn 2x Blu ray Sata DVD Writer
Sound Card:Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1
Cooling:Swiftech Apex Ultra+ Watercooling
Case:Thermaltake Tai-Chi SuperMidi Tower
PSU:Enermax Galaxy 1000W

there... liar...

Spending stupid ammounts of cash is stupid.

I would much rather spend less and have the same computer as the guy who spent 3 grand on a rig while mine cost 800 - 1000.

vernong1992, your right they look highly dubious specks I would not trust them. But as a thought is this the same CPU he clamed to have? PC World - INTEL BX80557X6800 CORE 2 EXTREME X6800 - Shop for cheap Intel Processors

nope qx6800, the quad-core version, which is oem, and retail sellers don't have it, u have to have major hookups in the industry to even be considered to get one, that or buy it in a premade system but i don't know any places that offer the other crap the guy claimed to have

heres the other rub, after we asked for benchmarks and such, i remember saltynay, and kobe, and sora and b1gapl (well practically all the big dogs at the builders section) asked for pics and benchmarks, and he said i need to go buy a camera :) and we haven't seen him since...

I would expect with a build like that the dude could afford a camera, most people have a web cam siting around there house or a phone to take a picture with.

Also i just looked at the specks again and they look far to outlandish he might be dreaming of building a rig like that but as for owning one right now I doubt it.

Oh and thank you for putting me straight on the CPU, little dude.

I would expect with a build like that the dude could afford a camera, most people have a web cam siting around there house or a phone to take a picture with.

Also i just looked at the specks again and they look far to outlandish he might be dreaming of building a rig like that but as for owning one right now I doubt it.

Oh and thank you for putting me straight on the CPU, little dude.

which why we all got suspicious, the regulars didn't believe him, but the noobs did in fact saltynay did this thing about it

http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/khan008-here-run-down-what-good-bad-your-build-143633/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom