Everything going wrong !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
hey guys i'm not sure if this is the right area to post in so pls relocate if needed.
i'm in dubai using my gf's rig and here's her specs.
Cpu - Core i7 920
Mobo- x58
ram- 2X2gb kingmax
gpu- xfx gtx 295
psu- epsilon 800

Running win 7 ultimate 64bit

Now here's the problem, whenever running games, after a while it crashes and freezes. temps get around 90 but i heard that's normal with this gpu.
I try playing crysis/warhead and with everything patchd it lags....i've lowerd settings but still...
i've played that game with my setup and it works fine.
Some games run fine but after a while start lagging.
3dmark vantage scrore was around 20k and 3dmark 06 was around 17k, this is all on stock and that looks pretty good i think.

there's a setting in the control panel for physx...which gpu to user or leave it on auto, what do i do?
what suggestion do you guys have? is it the psu ...?

Check the temps on the CPU as well, make sure they're not getting to high. Use Realtemp

run a memtest on your ram, one stick at a time.

cpu idle temps are around 50 and i havent seen them go over 70
whats normal for this cpu? i am in dubai and temps outside avg around 120-100 F
im using coretemp and evga precision

70 is fine for a 920, the max temp is 100C. So long as it's below 85C at absolute max you're fine.

for the 295 the max temp is 105C, so 90 at max shouldn't be a problem either.
Run the memtest

70 is fine for a 920, the max temp is 100C. So long as it's below 85C at absolute max you're fine.

for the 295 the max temp is 105C, so 90 at max shouldn't be a problem either.
Run the memtest

i'll have to do that tonight...should i mess with the gpu settings for physx or leave it on auto?

EDIT:

PLUS do you think the psu is the problem? i guess i'll run the memtest first then get back to you

If you've only got one GPU then it's not going to be an issue. Set physx manually to run on the 295.

I suppose a faulty PSU could be the problem, but atm I'd be inclined to suspect something else.

If you've only got one GPU then it's not going to be an issue. Set physx manually to run on the 295.

I suppose a faulty PSU could be the problem, but atm I'd be inclined to suspect something else.

its ony gpu but aren't there two gpus in one 295? if u run physx manually it asks you which one do you wanna run it on, gpu a or b.

yes the 295 has two gpus. Weird tho, I didn't know physx would see it like that. Makes sense tho :p I'm tired...
Just leave it on auto.

yes the 295 has two gpus. Weird tho, I didn't know physx would see it like that. Makes sense tho :p I'm tired...
Just leave it on auto.

lol im not use to 2 gpus...i'm still with my 8800gts 512 and q6600, its nice using this rig for a change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom