Everquest 1 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I have heard that Everquest is so addicting, that people have given up on their marriages to play. What makes this game so fun? I have never played it, cause it looked like every other MMORPG out. Whats it about, whats involved in the game?

I don't play because I can't get past the part of the game where you have to pay to play but I think its the fact that you can create a new life, a new personality. I think that why people are so drawn to it, especially those computer nerds that get beat up everyday after school (no offense. my hat goes of to them)

IT will suck you in and you'll become a mindless Podling like in the movie, the Dark Crystal! LOL

When NeverRest (Everquest) first came out I was so excited to play it. I even built a new computer complete with a AMD K6-2 475mHZ, 40 gig hard drive and, and 2 Voodoo Cards with SLI to play it. At the time Voodoo cards were nice with the built in 3DFX Glide support the Everquest had.

It was an impressive game but god did it take up a lot of time!

I played a lot of Everquest in college for 2 years and missed out on a lot of good things college had to offer so I quit playing. It was so addicting. After college I played Dark Age of Camelot with the same effect. I love those games but they suck your life away if you're not careful. As my girlfriend could tell you. Then she got into it as well and then all we would do everyday is play EQ together with 2 computers hooked up to the same router and DSL. Even more fun for a while but we got so caught up in it that there isn't much time to do other things.

Besides I got tired of getting a character started and then realizing you have to camp sit around all day where a monster's supposed to spawn attack it and repeat. Leveling takes forever once your reach a certain point. Then when you get used to it, they add expansion packs and you buy them and then you're playing a lot more. It never ends!

The point:
I need to find a MMORPG that doesn't require so much of my life, and pocketbook, in order to enjoy the game. Game developers have to get the balance right between how much time people spend on a game vs. how much they get out of it.

Done with the rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom