Eurogamer GTA 4 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Grand Theft Auto IV Review - Page 1 // PC /// Eurogamer - Games Reviews, News and More

Here is one quote which sounded interesting, GTA4 seems like its a pretty good benchmark game.

But on other levels, it hasn't a clue. Like the vast majority of PC games, it auto-calculates its graphic settings. Unlike the vast majority of PC games, which generally underestimate what your PC can manage for the logical reason that a less-attractive game is less annoying than a less-playable one, its auto-calculation is more than a little optimistic. I had to knock down the default graphic options quite a bit on my PC (dual-core 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM, 640MB GeForce 8800) until I got an acceptable rate, and even then there was the occasional really nasty drop. While my experience was more pronounced than most, speaking to other reviewers via the secret review-grapevine lead to confirmation that fiddling to get it playable was universal.

That doesn't give me great confidence at playing it well :p, i think the word Universal seems to suggest absolutely noone can play it at maximum settings. But then i have never seen a review website with as good a systems as there are on this forum.

its not impossible to run a PC game at max settings and get a decent fps (except Crysis). Just have to wait n see, some of us is getting the game for PC, i already pre-ordered mine from Newegg.

***K!! I am so screwed when it comes to playing this game then. My processor meets the bare minimum to play it but my video card apparently is recommended according to the requirements but still I don't think it will run well. Does anyone know if there is going to be a demo come out so I can test the performance before buying because I don't want to buy it then find out it runs all crappy then can't return it.

Apparently it's having real trouble with ATI cards, where even 4870x2 cards are struggling to get good frame rates.

Haven't tested it myself but alot of people are complaining of trouble

from what ive seen even on i7 + gtx 280 systems people are having to reduce resolution to something dreadful like 1280x720 and turn the detail down.

Seems like a real POS release.

from what ive seen even on i7 + gtx 280 systems people are having to reduce resolution to something dreadful like 1280x720 and turn the detail down.

If that's the case then yeah that's just awful. Figured they'd be able to optimize it better than that!

Not true. First off, my own tests concluded changing the resolution didn't make that much of a difference. 2nd off, this game is one of them games thats really-quite-playable at 20fps, thirdly, ive set it as high as it will let me and i'm having great fun (My rig is in my sig) But yeh, it's no pushover. You DO need a good pc to play it.

Not true. First off, my own tests concluded changing the resolution didn't make that much of a difference. 2nd off, this game is one of them games thats really-quite-playable at 20fps, thirdly, ive set it as high as it will let me and i'm having great fun (My rig is in my sig) But yeh, it's no pushover. You DO need a good pc to play it.

so............mines not good enough?

im still waiting for my order from newegg, i forgot to change the shipping from Egg Saver to UPS so it can get to my house in 2 days prior to release date. I have to wait 3-7 days to get it from DHL starting today *facepalm*.

well, at least i saved myself $2, total come out to $50.40 instead of like $53.39 or something :p.

Your pc will play it :) I just don't know how fantastic, but the game doesnt look that drastically different from highest and lowest - it still looks satisfactory at lowest.

$2 for fast shipping ?! on Ebuyer.com is $18 for next day if u order before 8pm :eek: and about $10 for 3 days, $5 for 5 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom