Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VIA K8T800 Pro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
What engine do you think will be overall prevailing and why. What engine do you consider better? Is the the Doom 3 engine or the Source (HL2) engine? Give your thoughts on this....

I think its Source Because i was kind of dissapointed with doom 3 i mean it was a ok game dont get me wrong but i think that HL2 will be much better

I haven't sen the Source in action (like anybody has yet!), but on paper, in screen shots, and in Hands-On articles, it seems better than Doom3. D3 is great, but at least because of the physics I'm going to have to say Source. Doom 3 must have better lighting effects, though.

jorsoft03 said:
I haven't sen the Source in action (like anybody has yet!), but on paper, in screen shots, and in Hands-On articles, it seems better than Doom3. D3 is great, but at least because of the physics I'm going to have to say Source. Doom 3 must have better lighting effects, though.

Get CSS - It is a great first look at the souce engine. Although I am not a big CS fan, I have been playing CSS because I enjoy the engine so much.

Gafnab said:
I think its Source Because i was kind of dissapointed with doom 3 i mean it was a ok game dont get me wrong but i think that HL2 will be much better

You can't judge the quality of the engine by which game you liked better. I think the lighting is much better in doom 3, but the physics looks more promising in hl2 from what i have seen.

Spartan 1394 said:
Where is the option for Unreal 3?

Unreal 3 is still a year or two away...but it will rock. I will need at least a new graphics card for that one if not a completely new rig.

The next Unreal game using Unreal Engine 3 Technology will be UT2006.
But anyways, I voted for Source because the physics are crazy.

The next rig I build I will be sure can play Unreal Engine 3 games at high fps. Those graphics are just sickening. I can see that engine becomming the next big standard for 3d shooter games, way down the road, of course. We've barely gotten into the D3/Source era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom