Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziel-Zero

In Runtime
Hey,

It seems with the release of Halo 3 and the Crysis multiplayer beta that everyone has forgotten that Enemy Territory: Quake Wars was released. I just downloaded the demo because I'm a bit short on moola but it looks like a really good game. Has anyone else had any experience with it?

I've played the demo, didn't really enjoy it

seems like a BF2 rip-off... what ever happened to the Quake of old?

The aiming mechanisms seem sloppy, the graphics don't look that beautiful (sure they can be good, but they don't seem great like some games can do, IE. WiC and Crysis)

The gameplay isn't smooth at all, the vehicles and weapons are sub par, they aren't exciting or cool...

Its like playing BF2 with some skins and a few "new" game modes...

"Spray and pray" describes the aiming of the game.

lol yeah, that describes it pretty well :p

anyways, I remembered something I heard from some review of the game/preview in PC Gamer, its Enemy Territories (Wolfenstein) skinned :p, and it actually is quite like it, ableit refined from the original, but nothing to really be excited about...

I loved the demo and bought it yesterday. IMO loads better than bf2142...and BF graphics are so dull as well.

I find the game very fun. Also 18 quid for a brand new game is cheap!

Well as someone who played the original Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory for days on end I love the game. It's a better version of BF2142 in my opinion. And who says the vehicles aren't good! The Icarus rocks!

In all seriousness anyone who hasn't tried it out should download the demo. It just might hit a sweet spot for ya.

I do like the graphics on QWET better than BF2142.

however....

Aiming is, as Trotter said, pray and spray...at least at close up battles. As a Spec Op, its more fun on the strogg side with the accurized lancer.

Spec op is the most powerful class, with the most options for destruction. Its really all i play with. Set up a Hammer, find a nice quiet mountainside and bomb the crap outta the enemy. Or even better, the dark matter cannon.

i will not buy it, however. I see limited playability with this game. It will just become the same old same old. Which is what makes Bf2142 and even BF2 a better game....different tactics every game and a different outcome every time. QWET is too linear...."must follow path to complete mission"....*in a drone like voice.

Well as someone who played the original Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory for days on end I love the game. It's a better version of BF2142 in my opinion. And who says the vehicles aren't good! The Icarus rocks!

In all seriousness anyone who hasn't tried it out should download the demo. It just might hit a sweet spot for ya.
i'm playing right now
been playing for the past 3 years, and been in the baserace cup!
really the only thing i can play on my 800mhz powerpc and geforce4 mx and 512mb RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom