Empire Earth crashes on my eeepc with XP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which version of Empire Earth is it? The only thing an EEEPC may not meet minimum requirements wise is the GPU.

I would say the error specifies that the memory at that address is either corrupt or you don't have read permissions on it (which you should). Perhaps try reinstalling the game?

Maybe you missed it, but I am running XP :)

I think it has something to do with
you don't have read permissions on it (which you should)
But I clean installed, patched and ran it again and it still crashes. How do I make it so that it does have read permissions on it. It gave me some kind of "read only" error during one part of the uninstall processes but it still uninstalled.

edit: I just uninstalled and then manually deleted the sierra folder. I remember doing this once before years before. I will see if this fixes it.
nope... still doesn't wrk.

Yes I saw you have XP, it was just a suggestion since XP was brand new when this game released :p

The only way you should have issues with read/write permissions is if the registry is corrupt for this particular game or you aren't on an admin enabled account. I would try using a third party uninstaller for the game to make sure it is fully removed. Then try the Windows XP default administrator account to uninstall/re-install the game. I'll look into this error farther but just from the error message I can guarantee it is something to do with memory (either the game on your HDD or the game cached into your RAM).

Yes I saw you have XP, it was just a suggestion since XP was brand new when this game released :p

The only way you should have issues with read/write permissions is if the registry is corrupt for this particular game or you aren't on an admin enabled account. I would try using a third party uninstaller for the game to make sure it is fully removed. Then try the Windows XP default administrator account to uninstall/re-install the game. I'll look into this error farther but just from the error message I can guarantee it is something to do with memory (either the game on your HDD or the game cached into your RAM).

Ok, thanks. Ill try to remove it 100% again.

EDIT: I just tried to uninstall with ccleaner and it says that the file c:\sierra\empireearth\sierra update\vssver.scc was a read only file and asked if I was sure I wanted to uninstall it.

The other file it does it for is the samet hing but sierraupdate\sierraup.exe

I already uninstalled it the first time to no effect. Maybe my game copy is borked or something.

I've tried everything I can think of. I used Revo uninstaller to completely remove EE and then installed it into another location and it still gives me the same error. I also checked to make sure the game worked and I installed it on my Win 7 machine and it worked just fine.

WHY OH WHY CAN I NOT PLAY YOU ON THE NETBOOK I WANT TO PLAY YOU ON!!! AHHH :p

It's going to be some silly problem I know it...

Yeah I did some googling too and every instance of this error I found, no one really had any solution.

It's probably just some random error that is unresolvable by normal means. You can try a fresh windows install, but I really don't think it will work from the looks of things :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom