Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion GOTY PC Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

slu77er

Beta member
Hi all,

Anyone out there playing this game with an Ideazon Zboard, Merc Gaming Keyboard, Merc Stealth Illuminated GK, or Fang Gamepad?

I have just bought a new system specifically for the GOTY edition but it has standard keyboard and mouse. I am yet to decide on which controllers will optimize gameplay best...I see no sense in limiting myself to standard keyboard & mouse where better products are available.

Can anyone compare the Ideazon Reaper or Reaper Edge Pro mouse with other gaming mice available?

What controllers do you use for this game and how well do they work?

Also, any feedback on the Xbox 360 wireless controller for windows for this game would be very welcome.

Thanks for any input...

well....I think you would want to use a keyboard and mouse over an xbox controller for sure.

Which ones you choose would be personal preference really.

I have never used the keyboards that you mention above.

Hrm. I don't really see that a new keyboard or controller will improve the enjoyment of the game. Are you just shopping for new gadgets? I don't see how it would improve your enjoyment of the game. Its hardly an FPS (although I don't see how those gadgets would improve enjoyment of an fps either)

I have only ever gamed on PS1, 2 & 3, Xbox & Xbox 360 and have never even attempted to play PC games via keyboard. From what I have read via forums and blogs I am pretty sure I am going to struggle using a standard keyboard and mouse (email is bad enough) to control anything! I will give it a go of course but I am anticipating that I will be better suited to a quality gamepad or other controller... I am slow enough using a keyboard for typing so... I doubt it will be my weapon of choice for Oblivion. Suggestions?

Mouse actually has far more precision than any gamepad. Just compare the two Halo versions if you want to see. Most FPS games that have existed on both PC and console have a far greater Autoaim programmed in for the console version. In online FPSes, people tend to use very precise mice, but in oblivion, I can't see it making the slightest bit of a difference. All you need is WSAD and a mouse. It is honestly as simple as that. You will get much much much more control from that for a POV game than any gamepad or joystick configuration.

Ok, I hear what you're saying and I do appreciate your input, but the fact that I am using a crumby no-name keyboard with my stumpy, arthritic fingers still concerns me. I ache after two minutes on a keyboard where I can handle an xbox controller for 12 hrs without a break... Maybe I just answered my own question! Anyway, I'd still like to know if anyone out there swears by their chosen gamepad for this game. Thanks again.

Go to Best Buy and try out some of the specialty keyboards. I have tried out the MERC and I think it was the Fang there, as well as another one that I don't remember the name of. The Zboard has always looked good to me, but I don't know how well it would work. A clanmate of mine swears by his MERC.

The main thing is to find something that let's you play without pain.

You could always reassign keys to let you play more comfortably.

the 360 wired controller works great with pc. I use it for one of my soccer games. but yeah, for oblivion the keyboard is the way to go. :D try it out!

You could try one of those ergonomic keyboards (if you were serious about being arthritic.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom