Easy Direct2Drive question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
Only bought 1 game from them, and it wasn't a pre-order so I don't know this:

Say I pre-order CoD:WaW from them, will they give me the CDKey immediately, and only let me download it when they release? Or will they just not give me the cdkey?

The reason I ask is D2D Isn't releasing it till the 13th for some reason.
And due to the great marketing plan of the cod:waw team, they released it on a stat holiday, so no stores in this entire province are open.
If I can get a paid for, legit key from D2D, then I can just use that on the copy I already have. Perfectly legal.

edit~
Actually question part 2: Would the D2D key be active with treyarch already? I don't really see why it wouldn't be.

edit2~ This is starting to look like swiss cheeze it has so many holes.
Question 3: Does cod:waw require the CD to play? If so, can you play on real servers with a no-cd exe if you're using a legit CDKey?

In reality I could just wait till tomorrow, but I really don't want to, and shouldn't really have to. nothing to do today 'cause of the holiday.

1: they usually release download gamines a little bit later cuz they want more people to buy the cd copy, yes they should let u download it and give u a key

2. i think they will activate it on the 13 when it is released from where u got it from but im not positive.

3. if its a download game it wont require a cd

also i would strongly recommend for u to wait for it to come out on steam, im not sure direct2drive lets u download it multiple times so if u reformat ur screwed. also steam automatically installs all the updates u need to play the game.

ps: i want ur case still :D

Yeah I download all my games with steam. unfortunately it seems they aren't releasing cod:waw. At least not any time in the near future. i've been watching their new releases and coming soon sections.
So not an option.

And you can just e-mail D2D and they'll refund your activation limit.

The point is I want to buy this game, and play it on the release date :/

Whatever. Looks like im up **** creek till tomorrow.
Gonna go make friends with jack daniels.

Go ahead and close this thread.
Thanks stalin.

heres the best adice get a refund beforeits released !!! d2d has a built in securom worse then i have ever seen, after every instalation u need to get them to issue you a new cd key and they are only open bussiness days, pick it up off steam.

edit: nvm not on steam yet, go get a box copy i HATE D2D with a passion yet i LOVE IGN/FILE PLANET.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom