EA to Publish The Wheel of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I don't know how many have read the books, but this news is ominous. If EA is involved, the chances of the game(s) being playable just tanked. that and the fact that i can't find anything about Red Eagle Games outside of this announcement.

Electronic Arts and Red Eagle games have announced an agreement in which EA will publish "The Wheel of Time", the upcoming fantasy role-playing game.

"Red Eagle Games will develop and publish a line of stand-alone games on all major videogame platforms, including consoles, personal computers, handheld systems and wireless devices. The games will be distributed by EA. In addition, Red Eagle will launch and operate a massively multiplayer online role-playing game that encompasses the themes, characters and world of The Wheel of Time, which will be distributed at retail by EA.
2404 - PC Gaming – EA to Publish The Wheel of Time

Hopefully it will be fun. I just reread all of the books in anticipation of the last 1 (probably 2 books) to come out.

James Oliver Rigney R.I.P.

I think it is one more book, being finished up by someone else working off his info he left behind... partial manuscript, notes, recording, and such. I read like 8 or 9 of them.

It is going to be finished by Brandon Sanderson. He has said it looks like it will be around 650 pages so they may publish it as two books. You should read the rest since you have made it through the bad ones.

Yeah. They got pretty slow in some stretches. That happens when you split the main characters up and try to follow them all, though.

I sure hope so because it would be epic if it turns out to be a great game. I would assume it would be some type of rpg?

I wouldn't know who would be the best for this subject.
Of the top of my head I'd say Bioware, but they're just turn it into some very unoriginal RPG.
Blizzard...they'd take forever and all their games have a very distinct feel thus I'd expect it to be somewhere between WC3 hero system and diablo.
Bethesda...don't joke.
Mythic...MMO makers and NO one wants another one of those.

I'm stumped. So to me an unknown dev has just as good a chance as a known dev.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom