EA to offer SPORE without DRM

Status
Not open for further replies.
EA to offer 'Spore' DRM-free (CNET) by CNET: Yahoo! Tech

Do you think they're finally learning? I understand the need for some sort of copy protection but their SecureROM went well over the line in my opinion. Steam has grown on me a lot and this just shows how it's a much better alternative.

Steam usually seems to be the better alternative to me, because it just saves a trip to Gamestop. You gotta wonder how much longer they're going to make games on disc with Steam being such a valuable and safe resource. It would also save them money to not have to use dvds and make the boxes and all that, though I doubt they would ever actually stop making discs.

I think they learned their lesson with the DRM on Spore, as almost 1 million people illegally downloaded it, and the game got incredibly bad reviews from customers who were irritated by the DRM and spoke out against it.

I would hope they would keep making DVD and CD versions for a video game, some people like me on dial up have enough issues just getting small updates for games, here lately updates have gotten rather big and impossible to download on dial up. So imagine games at 10gb a piece in the near future and having to download it on dial up...

I would hope they would keep making DVD and CD versions for a video game, some people like me on dial up have enough issues just getting small updates for games, here lately updates have gotten rather big and impossible to download on dial up. So imagine games at 10gb a piece in the near future and having to download it on dial up...
This is true. I used to play WOW over dial up and the updates were terrible. 100 megs or so would take all night and all day at school to download, tying up the phone line. If it didn't disconnect as some point, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom