EA have really done me over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Oh man i am so ****ed off with this **** company right now.

I decide to check whether i can pre-download MoH as i bought it a few months back for early access to the MoH beta and a BF3 beta key. So i login to EA Download manager, and apparently its no where to be seen. So i try to login on the website and it says my Alias is wrong, i get them to email my Alias. and this is what they reply:

Thanks for being an EA Member. As you requested, here is the member name(s) associated with the email you provided:

If you need Customer Support, simply reply to this email with your question. Or, you can go to the "Support" link at EA Video Games - Electronic Arts.

Yeh thats real ****ing helpful. A blank message. So anyway i finally find an email login area which works, i check my order history and nothing. So i ring them up, and they tell me i never ordered it. So now i'm thinking i've gone mad, so i log on to internet banking and sure enough there it is several months ago, they've already taken my money clear as day. Do EA accept this as valid proof of pre-order ? of course not !

What the HECK are they playing it. :very_angry::very_angry:

I would call the bank or credit agency you use and report it, and not sure if the UK has it, but file a BBB claim against them, I would like to know what they accept as valid proof of order if a BANK STATEMENT isn't proof enough.

And people wonder why there are pirates. -.-

Wow...just wow.
That is pretty ****ing ****
I'd get your bank to get you a formal statement of that payment, and send it to EA.

I would call the bank or credit agency you use and report it, and not sure if the UK has it, but file a BBB claim against them, I would like to know what they accept as valid proof of order if a BANK STATEMENT isn't proof enough.

Bingo. My best friend got shafted from EA while purchasing BF2 when it was brand new. They apparently had put his key on the same box twice or something and he was never able to use it. Needless to say he doesnt purchase EA things anymore.

Im going to get my dad to do it all when he is next home as he works for the a bank and will know how to go about it alot better than i do :)

Still annoyed though..

Lame. Sorry for your troubles man. EA are the kings of the ****ty business model! If it was any major CC (Visa, AMEX, etc.) you can dispute the charge.

One more reason why I try to wait to purchase a game at a store- usually a little more cash with sales tax, etc. - but no hassles like this example. I had trouble getting EA to see/recognize my upgrade with 2142 even though I had the disc and an KEY- they tried to make me repurchase for the upgrades - they are major rip offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom