DX10 "Right around the corner"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
flight sim x is very nice in dx9 mode as is but dx10 it looks more earthy things are ruffer such as stone water such as waves they have beter texture and more likely at a better eficiency then dx9

I'm assuming DX10 is coming out alongside Vista, on Jan. 27th. Since DX10 is only planned for Vista, i say screw it. Vista is going to suck, IMO.

The problem with DX10 is first getting the video card. Right now with the only 2 dx10 cards being the 8800 gts and the 8800gtx (around $400 and $550). Then you have to get vista when it comes out which wont be cheap either (isnt it from like $100-$200 depending on the versions and such?) and the fact most likely it will be horrid when it firsts comes out. Give it some time and it will be better obviously. Then you got to get the games that support DX10 and I remember reading up on like 4 games that might interest me that support dx10 but could suck so imo, dx10 means nothing to mean and I probably wont look into for about another year when I have atleast a couple hundred dollars to buy a new video card, operating system, and dx10 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom