Dvi splitter for hooking up a pc and a ps3 to the same monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
Newegg.com - Cables Unlimited - Premium DVI-D cable splitter - 1 FOOT - Audio Video Cables

I have a dvi/hdmi adapter that came with my monitor, and now that I am back at college, I need to hook my ps3 up to my monitor now that I have it with me. My pc still needs to use it to, so I'm thinking of using this. The reviews say it doesn't work, but it looks like they're trying to do something different than me. Either way, to get my ps3 plugged in, I'm going to have to get some sort of extender like that or L-shaped connector because there isn't enough room on the monitor to fit the adapter and the end of the cable.

Will that do what I want it to without losing quality?

or would this be better? : http://cgi.ebay.com/DVI-USB-2-0-Net..._EN_Networking_Components?hash=item2eaa1e91fb

I guess I'm going to have to get this to split the audio:

Newegg.com - SIIG CB-AU0412-S1 3.5mm (M) to two 3.5mm (F) Stereo Audio Splitter - Adapters & Gender Changers

And on a side note, since I cannot even connect my ps3 to my monitor as it is, is it somehow possible to connect it into the other port on my graphics card and use that as some sort of bridge to my monitor? Is there some sort of software that will do that?

Thanks in advance!

You would most likely need a switchable splitter and not just a splitter. How else would the monitor know which input to start using? You'd have 2 outputs going to 1 input and you'd have to shut your computer down when you wanted to use your PC, so you might as well just unplug/plug the other one in. Either that or get a monitor with multiple switchable inputs.

I found this one: HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

but what is with these things only doing 1600x1200? I need 1920x1200!!!!!!! I'm going to have to pay soo much more.

edit:

This confuses me though because this one here says 1600x1200 but supports resolutions up to 1080p:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...011004&p_id=4070&seq=1&format=3#specification

I wouldn't get the four port version though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom