DVD Game to A PC With only CD-RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprtnbsblplya

Daemon Poster
Ok, so I was a genius and got a copy of Return of the King DVD edition, and my computer only has a CD-RW drive.

Is there any way for me to get the game installed onto my system?

I have access to computers with DVD drives, its just my system doesnt have one.

Is there a way I could create a disk image using Alcohol 120% on my girlfriends laptop with a DVD drive and load the image onto my computer and just run it that way??

Or does somebody else have a good idea??

Doesn't DVD just mean it has parts of it from the movie or something? I've never heard of a game that absolutely requires a DVD drive, unless that's what it means and all, but have you tried playing the game anyway?

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory shipped only on DVD's.

Just go out and buy a freakin DVD-ROM for $20 from circuit city. and whoever doesn't have a DVD-ROM needs to buck up or shut the fu*k up!

Apparently sw1tch doesnt understand that Shuttles only have 1 drive bay... poor guy.

Anybody with anything intelligent to add to the conversation??

I think your alcohol plan would work actually, couldn't hurt to try it

Yeah. It should. Although you should probly just go and buy a combo drive - about $35. Cd-R/RW Dvd-R and replace ur Cd-rw.. Because of the size of games these days, DVD looks to be the new format.

I'm gonna a get a DVD+-RW sometime this summer, but I'm still in school and cant afford it right now, so I'm gonna wait for a month or two, but I still want to play the game between now and then.

It's impossible. Your CD-RW can't read the DVD so you're out of luck. Borrow an external DVD-ROM from somebody if you know someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom