DVD disk problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waphlez

Fully Optimized
My friend wants to install Oblivion on his computer but when he puts the disk in it gives him an error and nothing runs. We know the disk works because we tried it in another computer and we even put the other computer's DVD ROM into his computer and it still doesn't work. Also some other DVD games/disks have the same problem

When we try to launch auto-run it gives us this error:

D:\ is not a valid Win32 application

And when we go into the disk and manually try to launch setup it gives us this error:

D:\setup.exe
Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory repuest was completed

Has anybody heard about this problem and does anybody know how to fix it?

cant say iv heard of the problem, have you tried installing the game in safe mode?

found this in another forum could fix the problem:

Go into your device manager->IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. Right click on secondary and choose properties. Go to the advanced settings tab and choose PIO only for "transfer mode

One thing you can do is make an image of the disk on the computer that it works on. Then you network the computers together (if they aren't already), and transfer the image to the computer with the DVD problem. And finally, you mount the image on a virtual drive (using a program like Daemon or Alcohol). This is what I did to install Oblivion on my computer with a dead DVD drive.

A co-worker had this problem and brought his comptuer in for me to look at. Could not for the life of me figure it out..I said I could spend a lot of time and maybe figure out or we can spend 45 minutes reformatting/re-installing XP and have a 99% chance it will work. This worked and the game worked after the system rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom