Dungeons and dragons Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

yosa

In Runtime
Ill bet there are a few players of DDO in this forum, I love clasic RPGs, I love D&D; I've seen more paralels between DDO and other MMORPGs than DDO and the original game concept. Its an old argument on the DDO forums.

I figured it was a marketing stategy based on the developing model that has
been defined over the past decade;

My question is, would the ruleset to a p&p game even work as a computer game, did Turbine make a smart move by detering from the origanal game structure.

Every time I see a, "this doesnt corelate to 3.5 edition rules", I think, <how could an online game reflect on a pencil & paper game>. at the same time I privately wish it was in line with the ruleset, if it were, the current game would loose a lot of its action oriented playstyle.

went straight over my head mate, but i love a good online multiplayer game so tell me more. Obviously i have heard of DD but i know nothing of it, TBH i seriosuly thought it was a game where people actually dressed up and met up to play so this shows my ignorance towards it, maybe you can explain better than a google search.

I made a broad assumption in my post, I didn't mean to be sketchy.

D&D is an rpg that was played via pencil and paper, it has a sophisticated statistcs rules base and uses dice to determine outcomes. DDO is an online game that that adopts the latest edition of Dungeons and Dragons, it atempts to provide a gaming environmenment that follows the content within the existing D&D structure, its certainly a fun online game, very group oriented, it strays largly from the pencil and paper game.

I used to be a huge D&D player, back in the day. Although I have to say I preferred the earlier editions of the rules... by the 3rd (?) the rules had distorted too much for me.

Had the MMO held closer to the rules it would be better. Warrior types should be able to hit more often instead of click-click-click, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom