DUKE NUKE'EM FOREVER .... It's finally offical....

Duke Nuk'Em Forever, you finally glad they canned this vaporware?

• Yes. It was about time too.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.........................!!!!!!!!

• I am living in denial by telling myself that one day, Duke Nuk'Em will be some day released.

• Who is this Duke Nuk'Em you speak of.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad day in any event. 3D Realms has been involved in the development of some of the best games of the last two decades, even while DNF was underway.

Never played any Duke Nuke'em game, not sorry to see it go :p Should I give DN 3D a try?

Never played any Duke Nuke'em game, not sorry to see it go :p Should I give DN 3D a try?

Not sure if it will play on windows, I think it was a windows 95 game and maybe 98 because it is a DOS based game. So I don't think it worked on XP. the most fun was multi play ...well via dial up modem. In comparison to today's games it will be somewhat a disappointment but back in the day it was the coolest thing on a PC. Modernized it would be a fun game now. But as far as the original it was on floppy disks, A friend still has a copy, I should borrow it and try it on a virtual thing (forget what that's called) I think he has the original Wolfenstien 3D too

Dauntae

Gameplay video has been released, and a "Nukem Forever Announcement" is coming next week, theres strong speculation Microsoft has bought them out.

That's too bad, Many would buy it just for the nostalgia :(
I think I a lot of people would of.

Graphical Engine might of been old and the graphics not up to par with other games on the market. However people would of still purchased it. Might of not made a lot of money. But it's better than no money at all.

Gameplay video has been released, and a "Nukem Forever Announcement" is coming next week, theres strong speculation Microsoft has bought them out.

You got a link? Since MS has been crying poor and pretty much retrench some of thier gaming teams, I'd find it hard to believe that they are going to bring on a new project. I know that if I was one of those retrenched Gaming Dev at MS and found out that was doing Duke Nuk'Em Forever, I would be extremely up happy.

Actually i have been reading some simulare rumors too online.

Publisher Take-2 Interactive offered $30 million to George Broussard in an effort to acquire the IP rights to the Duke Nukem franchise, although it is unclear if this includes the work that was already completed on Duke Nukem Forever.

Broussard turned down the offer to sell the franchise, and instead spoke with several other publishers, including id Software, Epic, Electronic Arts and even Microsoft in an effort to secure additional funding to complete the project.

Duke Nukem Forever is not completed, but we also hear Broussard is continuing to shop for money; but this could prove to be problematic, as Take-2 Interactive does still hold the publishing rights to the game.

Considering that 3D Realms has a track record for taking forever to release a game, I am not sure if hany one is going to finance him to complete project.

Hopefully they do.

And PLEASE tell me what IP is. I visit gaming news websites everyday, i see the term "New IP" everyday, but i still have no friggin idea what the heck it is and it's driving me mad ! :mad: :eek:

I can't tell you what it stands for, but I can tell you it's like, the collective rights and content to do with a game. For example, Mass Effect is an IP belonging to Bioware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom