Dual Processor Pentium Tualatins

Status
Not open for further replies.

protonfusion

Baseband Member
So recently I got a **** of a deal ( well free) on a set of twin 1.4 pentium 3's. Im trying to put together a gaming PC to run Age of Empires 3 and this is what i got so far.... in addition to the twin 1.4ghz pentium 3 Tualatins, i have a supermicro dual processor Mobo with a 4x agp slot, and 1 gig of pc133 ram, of coarse i have all the other junk (standard 7200 30 gig HD, cdr-rw, etc... ) but i was wondering if its true what they say about dual processors about you getting x1.8 the speed. So in theory 1.4ghz x 1.8 = 2.52 totally ghz of processing power. Also with having a 4x agp slot what is the best card i can use to for gaming... the max i have cash for is a gforce 6800... but i dont know if they work for agp 4x... on the system requiremnets it says you need "AGP 2.0" which is listed as being a 4x slot... but all of the boxes say 8x on them........and on top of that is a 6800 even worth it if all i have are twin 1.4's... i mean i wanna play like far cry or maybe like WOW.... but i really just wanna play age of empires 3..... i thank you in advance for reading and offering any advice or comments.

512 Mb on a 6800 wont really help much, your best bet is to just save the extra cash and get a 6600gt. They work very well for a mid ranged card, go for a 128mb version Id say they're cheaper and perform almost exactly the same. More memory doesnt necessarily mean its better(unless it can use it, like a 7800gtx can).

Wow, I didn't know 1.4ghz Tualatins were ever made. I thought they only went up to 1.13 ghz, and most people don't even know that those exist.

Also, you might want to make a post in the building section since that is the main idea in your post. Questions about what games you'll be able to play (on proposed system) are usually covered in those threads as well.

yah but is the math right about the dual processors....and also do all games support dual processors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom