The Dream Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny_Duehit

Beta member
let's say I have a very large source of money.....I want the fastest running rig with tons of graphics power for games like Doom 3, Far Cry, Half Life 2, to run in ultra-extreme-quality very perfectly. starting from mother board up what can some people suggest to me is the best hardware out now.

The absolute fastest stuff - no expense spared? I would wait a little bit for the new R520 GPU to come out, so I'll leave that one blank.

-AMD Athlon 64 FX-55
-DFI Lanparty nForce 4 SLI mobo
-2 gigs of G.Skill LA
-PCP&C PSU
-2x Western Digital 75.6GB Raptor drives in RAID 0
-2x Western Digital (or Seagate) 200GB drives in RAID 1
-Floppy Drive
-Dual Layer DVD Burner/CD Burner
-Lian Li Full tower case
-No gfx card yet - wait for the new ones to come out
-Dell UltraSharp monitor

etc etc

Yeah, get an Athlon 64 processor 3800+ or higher. The DFI lanparty mobo is excellent. Raptor hard drives are good. Nubius will tell you it sucks, but Corsair XMS is good RAM, get 1GB or more. Whatever you do, DO NOT get a Radeon X series video card unless its one of the new X900 series (which isn't out yet). If you buy now get a GeForce 6800 Ultra (2 if you want to put them in SLI).

if i were you, i would wait and get the Fudo (X900 XT) when it comes out. What difference is a couple of months? O, and be sure to get either the ATI or the Sapphire model.

And as Beed said, DONT GET THE RADEON X8*** CARd

hey what exactly do you mean by"Raptor drives in RAID 0" and "drives in RAID 1". and I'm supposing that "2 gigs of G.Skill LA" is my ram. is this better than DDR 400?
and you got me on this one "PCP&C PSU" can someone tell me what the heck this means!?! lol

Raptor HDs are 10,000 RPM 0 - very fast. RAID 0 basiclly hooks them up so that their storage space is combined. Half of the data goes to one drive, the other half to the other. This makes for fast load times, but risk of data failure. RAID 1 hooks them up so whatever you save to one drive is mirrored (copied) onto the other for redundancy. Google it if u have any other questions

PCP&C is a company - PC Power and Cooling. PSU = Power Supply Unit. G.Skill LAs are DDR400s last time i checked...they are just very good ones, designed to oveclock to the nth degree. U should prolly do some more research before you attempt your build

As dhw said. Kenny, if you are seriously thinking of spending this amount of money on a computer, which i doubt, then you need to do ur own research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom