Dragon Age: Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I know what you mean. The second wave in defending Redcliffe the first time you go there always killed me unless it was on easy, because I hadn't bothered with tactics much.

^ Yeah that's part of the reason this thread is somewhat long. I was having 2 pages worth of troubles with that second wave at redcliffe, even after turning it down to easy! I haven't played it in a couple of weeks...I just kept dying and dying and dying. Hard to figure out the tactics angle.

The game is alot easier if you set your tactics to where all your party members focus fire the same target...of course in some situations you will manually have to cast crowd control spells..or you can even set tactics for that..but I prefer to do CC manually.

On your characters tactics page go to one of their offensive tactics...which is on the right and then on the left set it to..Enemy->Target of-> Controlled Party member...do that on every party members offensive abilities..and you will burn down enemies in no time.

Also, if you are using Wynn..you probally want to change her tactics..because I found on the default settings she was burning mana way to fast..so I lowered the health threshold of when she would heal party members and her self to >20% for heal and group heal. Of course..you might want to have a tactic slot devoted to your tank and maybe having a heal tossed his way at like >= 50% health...since he should be holding all the aggro.

Haha :p It doesn't take that long to set the tactics...but, once you get it set...you save alot of time from really only having to control one party member..it is awesome to target something and watch it die almost instantly.

Well I finished the game. I gotta say one of the more unusual points was the, um, experiences at the Pearl. Do you find yourself attracted to a hairy male dwarf? Catered for! lol

I would have to agree that was one of the more unusual moments in the game. I am not sure if that is more creepy than the town of haven though..that place...just disturbing.

OMG. I just played it through as a dwarf, the interactment with other characters is SO different from being an elf.
Right now I'm playing it through as a girl human and **** she gets some downright dirty options lol :D I mean far out, no holds barred in this game...good god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom