Dragon Age: Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for cleaning that up. Yeh, I thought I could just go back and edit my reply and add a quote but it just created a new one. I would of used the multi-quote but I would post and then bit like **** I forgot to add something, lol.

It's cool. If you aren't using multi-quote, what you can do is open the other quote in a new tab and just copy/paste into your original message, works too.

If you beat the circle of magi before redcliff..then you can enlist the circles help to go into the fade..without killing isolde(Which if you don't gives you some more options end game) or killing the boy.
It's the same story. If you beat redcliff, you then have the option to go the the circle of magi and save the boy. I like it the way I played it the first time, but either way works. I think the story goes better if you go to redcliff first personally... but it really doesn't matter.

I disagree..allistar should be a better tank since he starts off with shield abilities..and if you have been progressing those..and adding to his con/str..then he should be able to take more dmg and mitigate dmg better than sten who starts off with a bunch of 2h abilities. I personally don't like Leliana compared to Moriggan..Mori. has more crowd control abilities..and I think does more dmg. I use alistair..my assassin..Moriggan and the healer..and hardly ever run into problems.
That or you can get one if your a human in the origin quest line.
Allistar already has one of his characteristics as a templar though, in the long run you can get a better tank from sten by making him a warrior and a champion i believe. Next play through I plan on using him, but I won't give him a shield. I will play off his 2H abilities so he can take down enemies fast and I will use Wynn to heal the crap out of him, which is what makes a tank the best... a good healer.

Leliana is fun to develop a relationship with because it creates good random conversation with the other characters. Against dragons she is useful to replace one of your close combat warriors so that you can have your healer focus on just the one guy getting his head bit off by a dragon. But overall I used Morigan because she was better against almost everything else.

I wanna play this game again now... oh noes :crazy:

It's the same story. If you beat redcliff, you then have the option to go the the circle of magi and save the boy. I like it the way I played it the first time, but either way works. I think the story goes better if you go to redcliff first personally... but it really doesn't matter.

Allistar already has one of his characteristics as a templar though, in the long run you can get a better tank from sten by making him a warrior and a champion i believe. Next play through I plan on using him, but I won't give him a shield. I will play off his 2H abilities so he can take down enemies fast and I will use Wynn to heal the crap out of him, which is what makes a tank the best... a good healer.

Leliana is fun to develop a relationship with because it creates good random conversation with the other characters. Against dragons she is useful to replace one of your close combat warriors so that you can have your healer focus on just the one guy getting his head bit off by a dragon. But overall I used Morigan because she was better against almost everything else.

I wanna play this game again now... oh noes :crazy:

I agree I had to use Leliana for the dragon fight in Korcari Wilds. Yeh, I imagine I will play again even after I beat it..the game seems to have alot of replayability value lol

AHA! Done and done! I restarted from the save I had when I entered the Chanty in Redcliffe. The only thing that I ended up doing different from then and until the fight was recruit the dwarf and his two buddies. Not one character died throughout the fight, and I used less health potions in the process. That seems really strange to me because I was searching online a couple of days ago and people had completed the battle fine after deciding to off the dwarf. Strange?

Oh well, anyway thanks guys for the assistance...expect more questions :p

If you don't already have this...it helps out a ton with customizing your party and the such.

Choose Language | BioWare Social Network

It is a respec mod on Biowares site that allows you to respec your party members talents and attributes. I had leliana start off as archery..but found it was very gimp..this helped alot as well as being able to change alistair from a temp. to a champion

If you don't already have this...it helps out a ton with customizing your party and the such.

Choose Language | BioWare Social Network

It is a respec mod on Biowares site that allows you to respec your party members talents and attributes. I had leliana start off as archery..but found it was very gimp..this helped alot as well as being able to change alistair from a temp. to a champion

Thanks for that, if it's in the game as a mod I feel less stupid about using it. I think I'll replay the game at some point.

I'm a dalish elf atm, a lowly level 2 warrior. How many hours of gameplay is there, assuming I also do whatever side quests there are too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom