Dragon Age: Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yami

Lady Techie
Didn't see a thread on it, just wondered if anyone picked it up like me. Gotta be my favourite game this year by far :D Rather challenging but great atmosphere, great balance, great fights, great everything. 'Cept the controls take a lot of getting used to IMO.

I still need to install this. I have hard time juggling too many games at once, I end up never finishing any and just moving on to the next and then the next. This one is a must though!

I'll acquire it when I go home on TG break in just over a week here.

It's an rpg, but you like control multiple characters at once in the pc version. In the console you focus in on one.

Yeah, RPG with slight RTS elements. Like Oblivion but if you have (optional) control over your allies.

The game is like a mix between Mass Effect and Oblivion. And a bit of FF thrown in.

Yeah, RPG with slight RTS elements. Like Oblivion but if you have (optional) control over your allies.

The game is like a mix between Mass Effect and Oblivion. And a bit of FF thrown in.

Well the main difference between those games and DAO is DAO uses a target system (think WoW) instead of a player aiming system. If it should be compared to another RPG it should be compared to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (also by bioware).

ahh, that's cool sounding. i may give it a try. is there a demo?

Hasn't been very strong and pretty jerky during the opening cinematics. I ran FRAPS to record the frame rate and it slowed down to around 30 fps or 45fps to actually play. I noticed a slow down in frame rate actually reduced the massive jerky/speed demon.

Fraps, actually made playing the game smoother. I don't know what else to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom