Downloaded Crysis 3 Beta and...

Not with the DX11 patch and High res textures together.

The biggest difference it appears is that it's native DX11 for newer consoles to run it too later. So I can imagine a few things have to look a bit different. I'm downloading now so we'll see.

Well, I can't use DX11 obviously, but with high res, I'm still maxing.

I also had a bit of fun for the few matches I got to play. My friend was kind of making me fall out of my chair laughing at his *****ing about some lady and her site. Then I had to leave and I haven't played it yet this morning.
It's a good change from nothing but BF3 for me. Not sure if it'll be a purchase, but still a nice change.

Yea, don't think I'll be buying it either but going to enjoy it while I can.

Yeah, when I played it I didn't have it though. I think it was very near maxed with one, so with two I know I'd slaughter it.

Crysis 3? Not a chance. With an overclocked 580 my FPS averaged around 40 with everything maxed and AA at 4x 2048x1152. I had SLI and tri-SLI 280s before and they are practically the same cards. I know what they are capable of.

Well, I am talking about 2. I guess 3 looks a little better, so I wouldn't expect to max it, but I would expect high settings for sure. There is nothing out there currently besides BF3 that I don't max.

If you don't max BF3 then you wouldn't be able to max Crysis 3 if your cards hypothetically supported DX11. I run BF3 maxed 60+ FPS without overclocking. Crysis 3 I need to run FXAA and OC my GPU just so I have 60 fps to play with. Could be visuals, or it could just be the fact that it's a beta. Either way, the performance difference is huge between the two.

it's one of the worst games I have played in the past year.

Graphicically it looks subpar IMO. Every new Crysis seems to look worse than the last.
And gameplay wise there seem to be no redeeming features.

I can't stand it at all.

it's one of the worst games I have played in the past year.

Graphicically it looks subpar IMO. Every new Crysis seems to look worse than the last.
And gameplay wise there seem to be no redeeming features.

I can't stand it at all.
Um no. As much as I agree with you on the last part, I just proved how 2 is better graphically than 1 and 3 improves on that. 3 looks the best out of all 4.

I get maybe 20fps on 5760x1080 on high (not ultra).. Too bad I won't be buying it. I'm waiting for SimCity :yum:

Back
Top Bottom