Dota2 anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
Just finished hosting my 3rd annual dota LAN in August and as I started weighing the pros and cons between LOL and HofN I stumbled onto dota2. What do you guys think? Looks like it has potential for quality...but can it bump LOL and HofN?

http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/10/13/dota-2-announced-details.aspx

Sorry if this is old news, I didn't see it posted anywhere else in the forum. Now I have to figure out if it's worth starting to practice on LOL or HofN or should I just hold out for dota2 for my 2011 LAN.

I've always wondered what DotA is, I hear the name all the time (Defence of the Ancients, but what does that mean?)

Wait a minute, is DOTA2 gonna be standalone, or will it be a map in sc2/wc3??? Blizzard owns the copywrite on DOTA, well, every game played/used in the software they sell, so how can Valve "release" dota 2?

That confuses me even more sadly... I mean Dota seemed like a normal every day map, but it was just more enjoyable for people to play... Not sure how they are going to make an entire video game based off of a single map and mission in all honesty....

You would think the RPG maps would be earning there own names as some have communities that rival that of dota, and a lot of the times, they have story/lore incorporated....

Sigh, such confusing crap. -.-

That confuses me even more sadly... I mean Dota seemed like a normal every day map, but it was just more enjoyable for people to play... Not sure how they are going to make an entire video game based off of a single map and mission in all honesty....

One game? Try three now, dota2/HofN and LoL. I love dota, not a huge fan of LofL and haven't gotten around to buying/trying HofN. If dota2 stays true to the original that will probably be where I head, and take my LAN with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom