Doom the movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I predict it's going to be crap. The whole first person view trying to make it look like a game is total BS, as soon as I saw that I knew it was like any other bad video game to movie conversions. Although, I'll wait for it to come out and check the reviews.

You never played Doom & Doom II in their hey-day.
Oh no, I played them all back when they were hot stuff...the original Doom was half decent because back then there really was no competetion graphics wise...they were all basically the run around and shoot things that jump out and try and scare you endlessly games

If you ask me, the movie industry should have shot for a better game to model a movie after, like HL2. That would be awesome (or then again it could just ruin the HL series, tough call)! But anyway--I didn't care much for Doom 3 but I did like I and II, but assuming the movie will be modeled some-what like 3, I may or may not go and see it. I do remember the Final Fantasy movie though...nothing at all like the game, so maybe Doom will follow that path...I dunno, I'm just babbling on and on anyways-

::-Chase-::

First off I was joking about De Caprio, I've seen catch me if you can but It was only great because it had Tom Hanks (a 10 in actor scale) in it. I'm just saying the Rock is an average actor like a lot of other people. I hate the Blade series. and I hate wrestiling, you do know that the Rock doesn't wrestle anymore and decided to stick with acting.

The thing that I don't under stand is this.....

THE ROCK. He's not the main character. Karl Urban is the main character for Doom. However it's THE ROCK that seems to be getting all the attension for this film.

The whole thing is reminding of Steven Seagal in Executive Decision. Seagal get all the attension, and yet he get killed in the first 15 minutes of the film.

*sigh*

Like any fanboy, the logic will defy resoning, but I will probably go see it. I've been waitin 14 years for it, so ill go see it.

I have noticed various descrepencies, more than I care to count, but for the purist in us all, if you like sci-fi for sci-fi, I suggest you go see it. It is a different style of photography though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom