Doom 4 Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
sweetness. love playin' doom. 3 did get a bit repetitive though but the eye candy was nice.
i've only played doom 3 on my x2 3800 and 7900gt ko
wonder what it looks like on my current setup.

doom 3?? crippling computer?!

this game ran nicely full quality on a 6800gs @ 1280x1024 (full quality w/o full AA)

great game because it ran on open Gl

bored the crap outta me though...

The thing is Doom lost it's roots. The developers are always going after flashy graphics, like some kinda prestige thing. But the one thing that made Doom and Doom 2 so great was that you would get SWARMED.

I remember accidentally triggering a lot of enemies and I retreated to some funky building in the middle of a large courtyard, and I looked out the window and the entire field was covered with zombies and imps. I was seriously wondering if I had enough ammo. It was very cool.

And you could co-op on the old Doom 2 which was fun. Me and a friend got knee deep in those two legged demon dog things, and we had to use chainsaws after we ran out of ammo. Just the two of us in a tiny passage freaking out and sawing down the hordes of these things.

Doom 3 was just a graphical showcase, it was a good shooter, high quality. But it really lacked what made doom 2 so great.

I'm a wuss, I was actually scared by Doom 3.. It took more more than a month to completely just because I didn't want to get the crap scared out of me.. They set the scene so well, nice and dark with someone in the background screaming "not my baby!" and you get all into it and then bam, something jumps out.. I always know its going to happen.. but it still gets me.

I played the entire game at night, in the dark....with my headphones up loud.....it was one of my best gaming experiences ever.....I was scared...and jumped dozens of times and had to stop.

How this news escaped me this long i will never know.

Doom 3 was nearly as nice looking as staker I rember playing it for the first time and the first zombie that attacks you was just so unexpected *Flash* *Flash* an the arms come at you. The tunnel crawling aspect was fun for a while but i would like to have explored the surface of mars a little more maybe some kind of rover to get from sight A to sight B ect.

The only part that anoyed in the whole game was the sole cube ending with the daemon, that was just to simple. I would like to see in the next one more of the Martian Buddy crates containing some useful or weerd stuff and another installment of supper turkey blaster (Games console in the first break room before the game kicks off).

The setting would be have to be either another marine on mars or part of the rescue team, who says that just because hero faught off the first wave doesn't mean there wouldn't be a 2nd wave. Or maybe one of the other bases like phobos an demios that would kick ***.

I like your new name, chris.

Never played too much doom. Never got that interested, nor did my PC have the power to run it at the time.

All this talk of doom has made me nostalgic of late so I have done a little digging an guess what I found Alpha an Beta versions of doom one an two available to download ID has given permission to have them out there for historical reasons I am downloading them an sticking them in a VM should be fun.

Doom Alphas and Betas Weird that the rifle didn't make it into the final game oh an I find it more impressive that the first demo was released at the two month mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom