Doom 3 Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
What are the requirements needed for running Doom 3 in Ultra mode? And what is the exact way of putting it into Ultra mode?

I would be guessing a 6800GT or better, 1GB Ram, and probably an OC'ed 3000+ or P4 3.0 Ghz heh. How to put it in ultra mode, I have no idea.

I remember hearing that it is pretty much not playable perfectly yet, because you need a card with 512mb+ on it, but I dont know how true that is.

Sounds like BS, if you OC'ed the card you could pull it off, but you would have to have a 1337 system to back it up I guess. I play it on high, I don't push it to ultra heh. Scared my system would jump out my window.

I heard that Ultra mode was developed for a 512mb card. Whether it will play otherwise...I don't know.

I used to run Doom 3 @ Ultra Quality on my old 256MB 6800 GT, never noticed any performance lag. The FPS difference between High and Ultra was unnoticable.

Sounds like BS, if you OC'ed the card you could pull it off,
It's not BS, because it doesn't depend on the speed of the memory or core, it's dependant on VGA memory size.

Ultra was made for 512mb cards....at the time 512mb cards were already supposed to have been out last freakin summer....then when doom came out they said they would be around 'soon' and here it is a year later and you still don't see much of the 512mb cards...it was back at the march release of the 6800GT when they were first introducing it and they were bragging about those 512mb coming out that summer, but yeah never happened.

have 1gb of RAM, and your AGP aperture set to 256mb and you should be able to play it fine though

About that Nubius, they say to set your aperature to the RAM of your card, is that true? Like some 128MB cards have 64MB apertures, should you bump them up to 128?

that's what I've heard is it's best to set the aperture to that of your graphics card, but I haven't done any 'tests' or have seen any tests online to prove or disprove that it works any better.....even when I had a 6600GT I think I had my aperture set to 256...

basically if you have 1gb of RAM you should have it at either 128mb or 256mb IMO...if you only have like 512mb of RAM I'd say no more than 64mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom