Doom 3: Ressurection of Evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
I reserved my copy of this expansion to Doom 3 today. Man, the screenshots look nice. They really make me start to think about upgrading to the 6800GT again so I can have all the eye candy without lag. The only thing I think is going to be a little stupid is they basically just ripped off the gravity gun from HL2. I guess we'll see, but it sounds pretty lame. Other than that, it looks like its going to have awesome levels and awesome graphics.

no1 cares coz doom3 is boring ????? =P

nothin wrong with an x800, should handle everything doom3 can do

VIII - no1 cares coz doom3 is boring ????? =P
It's only boring to non-old-school gamers. Those around when DOOM came out, know and love that style of FPS, which DOOM3 follows along with beautifully.

ShoobieRat said:
It's only boring to non-old-school gamers. Those around when DOOM came out, know and love that style of FPS, which DOOM3 follows along with beautifully.

Couldn't have put it better.

ShoobieRat said:

Absolutely....I was raised on Wolfenstein 3D, the Original Doom, and the Quake style games. I love non-stop action shooters.

ShoobieRat said:

very tru. i've been gaming since the old-school days of doom og and wolfenstien 3d. i greatly enjoyed doom 3 and fell that it deserves more appreciation as a fps.

Its hard to believe that as hyped as Doom 3 was, that its frowned upon so greatly. Doom 3 was all I expected, and remains one of the best games I've ever played. The newer first person shooters that impliment RPG elements are great, but its nice to have an old fashioned action based FPS.

ShoobieRat said:

I grew up playing DOOM, and I still didn't like DOOM 3 that much..

I believe it's because the more powerful games being released today (FarCry, Half Life 2) are making old-school games seem obsolete.

But that's just my opinion...

I do agree though, the original DOOM games were revolutionary by FAR. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom