Doom 3 is "jumpy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
it looks like a decompressing problem. have u tried to decompress all ur pk files or w/e into the base directory, so that u dont hafta decompress all the gfx during the game. But this should only make transitions smoother. Try tweaking the cache size, and there are some other things u can tweak, just google it. But u shouldnt be getting problems tho.. This is real wierd. i run doom3 on my setup, on high, in 1024, and im at 40 fps, smooth and all (i tweak a bit of course, hehe)

U-Toast said:
it looks like a decompressing problem. have u tried to decompress all ur pk files or w/e into the base directory, so that u dont hafta decompress all the gfx during the game. But this should only make transitions smoother. Try tweaking the cache size, and there are some other things u can tweak, just google it. But u shouldnt be getting problems tho.. This is real wierd. i run doom3 on my setup, on high, in 1024, and im at 40 fps, smooth and all (i tweak a bit of course, hehe)

i used to extract all my pk files...u see major difference in some games

yea it shur helps a load, but the most difference is when u dont have that much ram. like 512 with doom 3, ul c huge difference. try bedubaya and c if it help any.

GameGURU said:
Mine has been doing the same thing. Games that I have played for so long all of the sudden are running choppy on my system (which is quite fine I might add). I dont know what gives. I just did a reformat too???

How can that be, YOUR SYSTEM OWNS!!!!

Anyway, I wonder if the Asus K8V deluxe mobo has anything to do with it. When telling people about my X800 problems (which 4.9 really helped out), they tell me its because ATi doesn't like the VIA chipset on my K8V motherboard. Is this a possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom