Doom 3 is "jumpy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
Whenever I'm in the place where there is allot of lighting or shadows, Doom 3 will get "jumpy" but the framerate will stay pretty steady in the 50s and high 40s. Now the 50s and high 40s are still high enough for smooth gameplay. What could be causing this "jumpiness". Could my GPU be getting too hot? Thanks for the replies.

Describe the "jumpiness" for us. Is it random freezes, or is it continuous 1920's film-era, or is it quality issues, moving scenery jitters, what?

If you're still getting high frame rates during the "jumpiness" then there could be a couple of other things going wrong...or yer framerate is lying to you.

Or you're lying to us. In which case, we'll have to cut your toes off.

JK :D

ShoobieRat said:
Describe the "jumpiness" for us. Is it random freezes, or is it continuous 1920's film-era, or is it quality issues, moving scenery jitters, what?

If you're still getting high frame rates during the "jumpiness" then there could be a couple of other things going wrong...or yer framerate is lying to you.

Or you're lying to us. In which case, we'll have to cut your toes off.

JK :D

Well there is moving scenery jitters but thats not too bad and is in fact tolerable. What I am talking about is a 1920s film type deal. The framrate will be smooth, then skip a few frames, then be smooth again, then skip a few. Keep in mind my timedemo score is 73.9, which is nothing to sneer at.

Try to restore your card to its original clocks and see if it does it again. Overheating is usually noticed by artifacts but then again...
You may also try it at different quality and see if the problem persists.

Wierd thing is, i've tried it at 800x600 on Medium settings with no AA or AF, and it still happens. With my $400 card, I am a little ticked off that I am having so many problems to begin with, but thats another story. I don't want to think of the possibility of playing Doom 3 on low settings. I am running at stock speed with mu GPU now.

If I'm not mistaken, you're running the Omega drivers. Did you try the official 4.9 from ATI?

Yea, I'm using the 4.9 Official drivers. They are the best yet for Doom 3 for me. The framerate stays above 50 most of the time with these drivers, but there's still that jumpiness.

has it been awile since u defrag'd your HD? maybe its realy realy fragmented?

i havnt played doom yet.. there is a no CD crack for it though right? try using that, if u arnt already.

Mine has been doing the same thing. Games that I have played for so long all of the sudden are running choppy on my system (which is quite fine I might add). I dont know what gives. I just did a reformat too???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom