Doom 3 expansion - **** *** ATI!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry bee but i find that statement very hard to believe, i was running it fine with what i got on higher settings (medium all around g settings and 1024/768 rez. And i didn't have any probs. Maybe you should start considering other possibilities. Maybe it's specifically your card that sucks, maybe it hates you for all the ati bashing you do, lol

it may not be the card, it could be something else. when was the last time you touched any of your hardware? it could be ESD (electro static discharge). ESD can screw a machine up really quick.

No...the card is not bad, and its only in parts of Doom 3 I get these horrible framerates. Much of it plays very well. But when there are lots of shadows being rendered, my framereate goes into a freefall, and if I turn off shadows, I never go under 60 fps. However, I prefer playing with shadows. This is where the problem with the X800 being 12 pipes comes into play.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
it may not be the card, it could be something else. when was the last time you touched any of your hardware? it could be ESD (electro static discharge). ESD can screw a machine up really quick.

If you have an ESD on a component, the whole thing is dead, it wont partially work.

From what I've been reading, this is a problem in that part of the RoE expansion on all ATI cards, not just the X800 Pro. Its going to take a game patch or an ATI driver release to fix this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom