doom 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played Doom 3 for about 1-2 hours and it still looked as if I was constantly walking through the same room over and over again. So I stopped playing.

You should at least play the **** levels. There pretty cool looking IMO. I'm sorry but I don't think they designed a research lab on mars be be good looking and well equiped with lights, it's a waste of energy.

Then you know what I am talking about! The original Doom's defined the genre! They were 100% more creative than Doom 3.

BTW, do you know how I can get Doom 95 to work on my XP machine? It will work, but with no mouse movement. :mad:

I dunno. I know a lot of people who thought D3 was very UNlike the original DOOM (I and II) because the original DOOM was all very simple graphics with no interactions other than pickup key and run into doors.

In DOOM3 the environments were factors better and more interesting, and there were people to talk to, the sound files and video clips, searching for the combinations to things and solving the puzzles. Plus, you didn't have to cruise around endless totally-featureless rooms for a key.

It's almost to the point where you can't compare D3 to the original DOOM on anything other than the constant shooting factor.

If you can find a copy of DOOM the collector's edition it has DOOM I, DOOM II, and Final DOOM and is made to work with XP and 2000. I don't see them at stores anymore but I got mine for 10 dollars at Best Buy back in July 2005, last one on shelf so they are probably hard to come by offline.

http://www.holeary.com/Item/id250.html

Can't seem to find one for under 20 bucks that isn't from a place like ebay and the like. And it is backordered at the id's online store, which also costs 20 dollars.

If you have your old DOOM games (if you don't, you aren't a true old-skool gamer), you can find an emulator to run them at the lower speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom