doom 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
indeed. It was basically to show off the new graphics of this generation since it was pretty much the first game out to go crazy with the 6xxx series arrival.

Entertaining for about 5 minutes, then the scares are predictable and so are the missions. I just skipped to the end and beat the boss to find out what happened. I haven't even bothered to play very much of resurrection of evil.

It's sad to see my favorite franchise to kind of head to the shitter. But I got Doom 3 with ROE for only 15 bucks at a garage sale and that was a good buy IMO because the game is fun for a couple of hours then it kind of craps out. The gravity gun or whatever in ROE that allowed you to catch fireballs and shoot them back is a rip off of HL2's physics gun.

If you get bored fast from repetative enemies then D3 isn't a good game for you. But if your like me and can still have fun with repetitive gameplay for a little while it's a decent game.

Everybody keeps crying how it's always dark but it doesn't bother me at all. I mean it's doom for god's sake! **** isn't supposed to be pretty although I must say that the **** levels were awsome and looked cool (oxymoron) but were way too short.

I also think they overpowered the chainsaw way too much as well. If I wanted to I could go through the whole game using the chainsaw only except the enemies you can't get close to I could.

I liked doom 3, the start of the game was kind of boring but fighting hellknights was fun. And **** was pretty cool, I thought it was a good FPS game. Though half life 2 reigns king.

Like someone said before it's kind of a perfered taste. I think it was fun especially once it first came out but FEAR is so much better though.

neweyedeya18 said:
ive been playing doom3 and its G. d*mn boring, i mean i dont know whats wrong with me but its all just running around aimlessly trying to open a door/valve or something else un-entertaining... does anyone agree?
That's what DOOM is all about, man. Constant blasting things while working through the maze.

If you wanted a storyline, you should have bought something else. Everyone knows that DOOM is for endless firefights. (Well, everyone old enough to be an old-skool DOOM player, at least...)

Yeah, but the old Dooms had much more creative environments. Doom 3 was basically all in dark halls. It got old. I hope the next Doom has more creative environments.

Doom gets a 3/5 in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom