Dont mess with Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
UK Gamer Murdered over Forum Dispute

I know our forums have a lot of impassioned people and that you guys don't always see eye-to-eye. If you find yourself contemplating murder to settle a forum dispute like this guy did, kindly step away from the computer and find some professional help. David Heiss flew from Frankfurt, Germany to Nottingham, England and allegedly murdered Matthew Pike over an argument in Pike's fan forum for the game Advance Wars. Tragic.

Police suspect a possible motive may be that Heiss -- who was a member of the forum under the name "Eagle the Lightning" -- entered into a dispute with Pyke online, and actually flew to the U.K. in order to exact this tragic "revenge."

what was the dispute over???

Oh and... yeah thats crazy. Not as crazy as murdering someone but I remember a while back some guy drove cross country while posting pics on a forum and was talking about burning a guys house down. And then he really did it and they used the thread as evidence.

what was the dispute over???

Oh and... yeah thats crazy. Not as crazy as murdering someone but I remember a while back some guy drove cross country while posting pics on a forum and was talking about burning a guys house down. And then he really did it and they used the thread as evidence.

Stories like that just make me lmao.

UK Gamer Murdered over Forum Dispute

I know our forums have a lot of impassioned people and that you guys don't always see eye-to-eye. If you find yourself contemplating murder to settle a forum dispute like this guy did, kindly step away from the computer and find some professional help. David Heiss flew from Frankfurt, Germany to Nottingham, England and allegedly murdered Matthew Pike over an argument in Pike's fan forum for the game Advance Wars. Tragic.

Police suspect a possible motive may be that Heiss -- who was a member of the forum under the name "Eagle the Lightning" -- entered into a dispute with Pyke online, and actually flew to the U.K. in order to exact this tragic "revenge."

its kind of ironic because for those who dont know, Advanced wars is a light hearted cute strategic war game for the nintendo portable systems, I have it...great stuff

I heard of a guy that got killed over WoW because he stole some guys sword of a thousand truths or something.

I heard of a guy that got killed over WoW because he stole some guys sword of a thousand truths or something.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. The WoW addicts that play forever even after achieving level 70 just to get a few rare items are the worst. UN-fortunately, my friend is one of them. :(

He will play WoW at least 10-15 hours a week just raiding for the small CHANCE to get the item. He thinks that he's not wasting his life or money and says that people who don't play WoW past level 30 don't understand. I've played it to about level 25 and was bored already. I've watched some of his raids and they are just as boring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom