Does your Keyboard crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Steel

Baseband Member
Hello all...

I have a kinda survey. How many of you all have actually had issues with keyboards crashing/locking/freezing up, or whatever, as a result of pressing too many keys at once?

I've been doing research into getting a new keyboard, and its hard to find reasonably priced "gaming" keyboards. Is it really necessary? Or is the hype about games/keys/keyboards.... hype?

Have you had an actual issue with keyboards in gaming?

Thanks for your opinion...

Hello,

What are your system specifications?

I wouldn't think the keyboard has a problem, but the computer.

im a gamer and use a normal no-frills Compaq qwerty keyboard, cant say ive experienced such problems..........

I'm using a very old and cheap keyboard with DIN connector. I love it. There are some key combinations that don't work, like arrow up + arow right + 0-Ins + End

But barely use combos like this one; sometimes happens when playing an FPS.

Typically the difference between a gaming keyboard and a normal one is that the normal ones suffer from "ghosting" where pressing enough keys at once (usually 3) will cause another key to activate. Also normal keyboard usually can't detect input from (Again usually 3) more than a certain amount of keys at once.

Gaming keyboards are ones designed to solve this problem, since gamers tend to press a good number of keys at once.

To be honest though I've very very rarely experienced the ghosting problem as even while playing a hectic FPS I'm typically not pressing more than 3 keys at once. Cheapo 25 dollar keyboard from microsoft seems to be doing just fine for me. Though I want a backlit one for visibility with the lights off.

A good mouse is money far better spent for a gamer.

Hello,

What are your system specifications?

I don't have a problem with this... yet. I was asking because I have never actually run into this ghosting problem, despite having been a pretty hardcore gamer, back in the day.

Have you run into any ghosting issues?

TestIcon1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom