Does COD4 Take Advantage of Multiple Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for the 7% that listen to pure crap, man do I feel old.

so one core to run it, one core play it, one core to say it, and one core to unite them all.

In theory one processor would handle your services and op, the other would handle the game and render it if your video memory is less than what it needs to be; like I said, I'm old, 4 procesors is like reveling to me th earth is not flat.

It's both (especially at 1024x768 and 1280x1024 for CPU), and from what I've heard from a dev interview video before release they said they optimized for quad core CPUs.

Its not as cpu dependent as you would think, and its not quad core optimized. Its mostly gpu dependent.

Its not as cpu dependent as you would think, and its not quad core optimized. Its mostly gpu dependent.

um c0d 4 is very cpu dependant and is multiu core optimized, i couldnt run it with out lagg with my 4000+ which was one of the fastest single core chips on the market besides the fx chips, i upgraded to a q6600 and i still have the same gpu and a similar amount of ram and i can run it at max.

crysis has some kind of fps smoothing technology that apparently makes use of the third core, 4th core is sed for background services

take this with a grain of salt though, I barely just heard about this through a mention in someone else's post here, and fps to me is just fps, you can't smoothen it or anything, ...

i don't know why i even bothered bring that up to be quite honest

um c0d 4 is very cpu dependant and is multiu core optimized, i couldnt run it with out lagg with my 4000+ which was one of the fastest single core chips on the market besides the fx chips, i upgraded to a q6600 and i still have the same gpu and a similar amount of ram and i can run it at max.

We were talking about crysis, not cod4. But of course its gonna lag with a single core, lol.

I still don't see how anyone can say an e8400 will run games better then a q6600... We already see that more cores is usually the way to go. You can compare a pentium4 @ 4.2ghz or whatever to any dual core you want and the dual core will always win. So it should be somewhat the similar with duals to quads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom