Does anyone think that linux is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toxic}{ermit said:
While we are on the topic of games in linux, does anyone know how to use wine for running games...
I got it to work for half life but it just doesn't seem to work for other games...

That is because Linux DOES NOT support DirectX.

Linux doesn't support DirectX, and lots of games use DirectX?
- Well that's just too f'n bad.

Windows XP is by far Microsoft's best OS (with a close second being 98SE). The service packs (INCLUDING the new SP2) have never given me problems. :confused:

If (when you first load the OS) you disable all the pansy user-friendly crap that MS puts in, you'll be MUCH happier! Paperclip, GONE, auto-menus, GONE, auto-help, GONE, Messenger, GONE, etc, GONE, etc, GONE, etc, GONE, GONE, GONE! Just do the work, and I'll help myself, thank you. Once you clear off (turn off) all that stuff, you'll be fly'n great.

If Linux offered consumers ease of use, care-free compatability, robust integration, cutting edge office systems, etc, there would be a LOT more users with Linux. As it stands, Linux just doesn't appeal to the masses, and that's why Microsoft controls most of the world's PCs. Microsoft has no real competitor, the consumers know that, so you get what you get.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

At the moment they are working on LinuxSystem which will let you run exe Files.

Then you can install Direct X and Run your Games

Gaming for Linux only works on the PlayStation since it's made for gaming. Linux is more for computing but thier are some good games for it but not what is available for PC. More like arcade games.

"System of the down..."

milen said:
Hah....
You don't know how to use it ... this is why it's sucks...
hah?
LINUX is not sample OS as the sample things are not
interesting....

I will never install animation movie like WinXP on my PC

There is no win situation....
I agree. I cant stand it when people slander something they don't even know about. :rolleyes: :cool:

"Ps X?..."

Hey. I heard that linux was copatible with Playstation 2. And can run .psx and .fmv files... :cool:

OIDanTheManIO said:
I LOVE Linux. I trust everything on my HDD to Mandrake 10.0.

Mandrake is with very nice userinterface.

madrake team did great job with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom